Agnostic.com

2 0

QUESTION The Techno-Libertarians Praying for Dystopia

Tech Religion has been with us for while, however, it has been accepted officially just recently. The founder of UBER created a new religion that worship an "AI Messiah." Ray Kurzwell future theorist predicts that, we can be immortal in the cloud. The concept is not new. Jean Baudrillard's Simulacra and Simulation approached this topic in the early 80s before the tech revolution and the Internet. Moreover, in the meantime in the 90 transhumansim has just strengthened the notion of Kurzwell's vision. Recently as I had been worked in a secular society meeting, as I witnessed some of them have shared some transhumanist views

[westernjournal.com]

According to Dan Ariely, we are predictably irrational, due to information and influence overload. Our memory is limited, so as our perception. Assume that centralized AI system optimize our life where we step into a new level consciousness. According to Kurzwell notion due to nanobots and CRISPR gene technology, our life expectancies can be expanded, so as our memories and information process, it's just a poor short illustration, however, transhumanism is more complex. The next step of evolution is that we will be physically stopped existing, which according to some future theorist are limits us. There are similarities of the human soul and cloud based avatars, which is our digitalized extension of ourselves.

After you watched this video

in generally what do you think about singularity?

trashcendence 4 Dec 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I had dystopia once; spent all day on the toilet.

godef Level 7 Dec 18, 2017
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9084
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.