Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK Prejudice, Discrimination, Bigotry and Racism

These words are well defined and differentiated in this article. The article focuses on the negative impacts of these definitions because they are mostly negative (well duh...)

But there is a kinder, gentler form of these definitions. Example: "Dogs are better than cats". Because someone believes this, they are less likely to contribute to causes designed to improve the lives of cats.

Therefore there is a damaging form of kindness between people. "All people should be regarded equally". But that is often not what happens. One may feel a greater compassion and affinity towards one group of people while neglecting another, or even their own people from a sense of self loathing.

ScienceBiker 8 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cat's give me allergies. They can suck it. If I could contribute to make them allergic to me I would. Fluffy evil cute little bastards.
This is where perspective can change facts. For me dog's actually are better.

Feeling an affinity toward one group over the other simply means it's time to reevaluate your world view

I prefer dogs but also love cats as does the whole family. Six cats in family.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:91881
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.