Agnostic.com

4 1

The Apocrypha. Has anyone read them? They could also have been part of the Bible, easily.
In many ways the 14 books of The Apocrypha are the best argument against the "infallibility" of the Bible, because we know they were purposefully excluded by some pretty weirdo men from the Dark Ages. For example, why leave out Giants walking the Earth but leave in Lot, after his wife got salinized, screwing his daughters. Discuss?

AnneWimsey 9 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, I've read nearly all of them - the ones I can find. I think the church left them out to hide something from us. When I read them. I finally felt like I got "the whole story". So many scriptures in the Bible have been altered, left out. Most pastors won't discuss them. And I like to check translations because they're usually way off. Have you read "The Unseen Realm" by Dr. Michael S. Heist? Its excellent. He's not a theologian but a Hebraic scholar. So he has no agenda. One of the best books I've read.

Yes I read them many years ago, have a copy on an old hard drive here somewhere, there are also other books not in the bible or the apocrypha. As far as infallibility, I consider Joan of Arc and Galileo.
Saint Joan, canonized by the church was also condemned and burnt under orders of the church. Galileo faces charged of heresy for saying the earth revolved around the sun, avoided a toasting by recanting but lived the rest of his days under house arrest. Then there are the anti-popes and the multi-popes. And for some real fun we can look at the Malarkey prophesies.

I've read them, but it has been years. You have a valid point on the infallibility issue.

Yes. I've read them for what they're worth. In The Book of Tobit. there's even an angel who has a dog with him.

that is probably the most realistic part of the buybull

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9199
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.