Agnostic.com

7 4

Do you remember?

Is there any hurt worse, than finding out that someone you love has been cheating on you. Is that not the ultimate betrayal? Mine was almost 50 years ago, and I can still remember that ice cold rock in the pit of my stomach. Bet

Maggiemay 6 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I think everyone experiences pain differently so there is no way to try and measure one pain against another - so I won't even comment on that.

However, I was recently cheated on (like, I found out about it THIS PAST MONDAY from the other woman who was kind enough to let me know what was happening once she realized I existed). I haven't had an appetite, I'm questioning everything, including myself....and am so confused because now he continues to pursue me even though he told me, through all the apologies, that he wanted to try to be "friends".

I've been through a lot of ridiculous shit both with loss of parents and loved ones, and in romantic relationships - I divorced my ex husband when I found out he was having a 4 year affair WITH HIS BIRTH MOTHER.

But I'll tell ya what, this situation has me confused as hell.

I ain't got the words to counsel. That's some crazy shit right there. That had to have sent you for a loop.

Betrayal by someone you've made your heart vulnerable to is awful. Whether it be friend, lover, or family member. It creates a wall around your heart and affects your ability to trust. The blame belongs to the betrayer though, and the loss is theirs as well.

its not the cheating that hurt. It was the constant lying and trying to gaslight me. It was the theft of time and the murder of trust. He could have said "hey, I want to bang this person" and I'd have been, "use a condom and don't do it in my bed." no harm, no foul, and the sad thing was, he knew it. All he had to do is say so up front, before the act.

There is nothing more devastating. I had a telephone call once, upon coming home from work, from the mother of the girl my husband was sleeping with. She suspected he was married. Bad gut punch!

Oh there's worse, in my case anyway.

Yeah, it sucks.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:92020
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.