Agnostic.com

6 3

LINK Bitcoin backlash

Bitcoin uses a tremendous amount of power. I had no idea this item had such a tremendous, negative cost on society. There is a real threat this will drive up power costs for everyone and create a real drag on the economy and environment. Why should the public be forced to bear the cost of this gambling scheme?

JackPedigo 9 May 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The conventional money system is just as corrupt. People have no idea how crazy and immoral our financial systems are. Quantitative easing is one example.

Perhaps the ruling class have less control over bitcoins so they're using their media to have a strop.

The issue isn't so much about corruption but the energy needed to keep it going. This will affect all of us that are connected to the grid. I put in a solar array to keep rated down and to help the generating company from having to build new, expensive systems. Now these greedy gamblers are upsetting the whole system.

@JackPedigo It will affect all of us everywhere in the world, whether we're connected to the grid or not.

blockchain is here to stay. You might weight the current cost of the promissory note you are now using--both Lincoln and Kennedy were offed for attempting legit fiat, right--which is, what $21Trillion and counting? basically hollowed out iow--and see how they compare maybe.

It will take 100% of GDP to service the debt in less than ten years at our present rate.
Know what that means?

Fortunately i have not had to go outside the dollar.

Apple pay uses many of the algorithms from BTC's block chain, and there are other important emerging uses. CatSquared is a software company here in AR that uses it.

I guess I sound like a BN someone making the claim that Tang, cordless drills, and Velcro justify the space program.

Exactly, why should they bear the cost? It's not like they pay, since it's the people who are mining who have to foot the electrical bill and do the recuperation.

I think the benefit overall to technology is great But just like unbridled capitalism there is a downside.

The banking and housing collapse and following great recesssion shows we need regulation.

Regulation is something greedy unscrupulous folks do not want. The fact the gop and 33 dems rolled back the provisions of Dodd-Frank should be a warning.

The happy balance needs to be found and until that happens I think the stay is a good idea.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:92849
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.