Agnostic.com

2 0

Any H.P. Lovecraft fans here?

ThomasWalpole 2 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes. I'm pretty sure I've read and very much enjoyed all his stories. These days I carry 'The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft' and 'H.P. Lovecraft: The Complete Chulthu Mythos' on my Kindle. Whenever I'm between books or bored with my current read, I get an H.P. fix to tide me over.

For a long time I've been partial to semi-older fiction -- James Branch Cabel, Josephine Tey, Mary Shelley, J.R.R. Tolkien, Oscar Wilde, Robert Louis Stevenson, etc. My tastes are fairly broad as long as they're done well. For example I very much loved Tey's 'The Daughter of Time' but I didn't much care for her other stuff like the inspector Grant series (even though Grant is the nominal main character in The Daughter of Time, the books read differently). I'm glad to see another Lovecraft connoisseur -- as popular and influential as he has been, he seems to be a bit of an acquired taste.

got this a few months ago since I had lost my copies moving.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9346
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.