Agnostic.com

3 3

QUESTION Ahead of the Curve: Virtual Reality and Empathy - TheHumanist.com

In my more pedestrian view, humanity has seen a series of technological advances in the capacity of one human to communicate experiences to another. Oral speech, written speech, printing, moving pictures, broadcast, the internet—each one improves the ability to convey ideas and sensations between humans. VR is another positive step along that path. It will be also be used for lots of frivolous purposes ­– if you want to make some money, invest in VR sex—but it can and should be used to pull us together.

zblaze 7 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am glad many of the site members are also members of the Humanist group and FFRF. I am thinking of offering a number of free memberships to FFRF for a year but still have some details to work out.

With every new innovation, there are pros and cons.

Betty Level 8 Dec 20, 2017

VR will just become the next tech to bleed the consumer and it will be used to bleed the delude as well. Noble uses of tech are few and far between.

Gaming will be the other.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9383
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.