Agnostic.com

6 4

Anyone seen Star Trek Voyager Episode 8 "Emanations"?

It's an awesome episode about what happens when one level of reality meets up against a belief system about the 'afterlife'. It really gives one perspective about one's own belief system about life after death (if there is one).

AwarenessNow 8 May 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Is that the one when Nelix has a near death experience?

I used to hate Voyager when it came out & gave up early on in the run but got back into it somewhat recently backwards from Enterprise & now like it more than that, some really good premises, this one does ring a bell though.

I've seen every Voyager episode and I think you are referring to the one where a beautiful female Lieutenant is killed but is 'resurrected' as a different species, a species in which death is their way of 'reproduction' - I found that episode somewhat offensive and stupid - it is the only episode that I'll never watch again. If there is an afterlife, it is not in this Universe.

I don't think so, that one I'm familiar with whereas:
[memory-alpha.wikia.com]

@AwarenessNow Yep same episode - offensive and stupid

I wish the writers would be acknowledged more. They are the geniuses behind art like this.

Where science fiction meets pseudo religion, and afterlife emanations.

Voyager was never a big hit with me. Some great episodes with Q, notably "Death Wish", which had huge implications for the universe (it's finite) the Q Continuum (they can die, aren't omnipotent and are flawed) and humanity (Qs have interfered with us).

But emanations was the kind of pseudo religion they put in ST after Roddenbury died and I never liked it myself.

Just my view.

Man the Q EPs in that series were cringe-worthy bad, some of the worst IMO.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:94271
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.