Agnostic.com

6 3

Is a "Troll" anyone who doesn't agree with you?

McVinegar 8 May 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't think so. A troll is someone who is intending to cause dissention, not simply debate and share information. We should be open to receiving new information. Trolls are trying to cause trouble

A troll is one who bothers someone else when that person may not wish to converse with said troll. A troll is also anyone who makes belittling and or harassing comments, similar to a school bully.

Not at all. I value people who disagree with me respectfully, even if we ultimately agree to disagree.

I see trolls as those who are dedicated to creating dissension, divisiveness, conflict, and drama, possibly even trying to motivate anarchy for whatever nefarious reasons they might have come up with; or for which they have been paid to post.

But there have always been such people, either as paid disinformation minions like those caught in the Nixon scandal, or in personal relationships as we see with emotional vampires.

@McVinegar Yes, there's more than enough of that around. Lol

It means different things in different contexts. For instance int eh gay world a 'troll" refers to an ugly old (and usually fat) man who tries to pick up on younger guys.

@McVinegar You use of "bugger" makes me think you are not in the U.S., which makes me wonder about there beign possible cultural differences in word usage for the word "troll:".

@McVinegar As an American, it seems for my entire life our country has been on a decline, so I know what you mean.

As far as the world goes, although it may nto seem so, over all of recorded history humans have been becoming less violent. However, i attribute that trend as more beign due to a better allocation of resources. Still, the world produces enough that nobody shoudl be goign hungry or lack basics, but there are those few who hoard as much as they can even though they cant' possibly ever use all the wealth they accumilated in theri life time, or even manage to use a fection of it.

No, it's that little fucker l have to pay to cross the bridge.

If you weren't so Gruff you could cross for free ?

@MikeEC Damn it! ☺

No a troll is someone that targeted you with false information to change what you believe with false facts

totally lol @McVinegar

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:94319
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.