Agnostic.com

5 3

Does anyone else hate animated GIFs?

Are animated GIFs the favoured tool of the literacy challenged?

Animated GIFs seem to appeal exclusively to Kardashian devotees and consumer junkies who all have in common the attention span of a fruit fly. They may find GIFs entertaining, but I find them intensely irritating.

When I'm reading an article on the Internet, I don't need to be bombarded with images of celebrities making eye-roll gestures in an endless loop, eating up my data.

.... Or am I just grumpy?

Ellatynemouth 8 May 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If course you are grumpy. Have you been following the news lately? We are all grumpy.

I don't follow the news - I don't have a television.

Our rulers feed us a never ending stream of propaganda through the media, so I feel relieved to not be exposed to that anymore.

Unfortunately I'm still grumpy.

Yes...

Yes, especially one after another and in lieu of actual intelligent responses.

Hi Grumpy.

Nice to meet you. I'm Bashful

and yes, they are annoying

Hi Bashful. Nice to meet you. I'm glad to see you're not a GIF.

i hate it in FB comments. Cheap & dumb replies. Those get removed immediately on one FB forum I'm on.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:94359
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.