Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Pompeii skeleton reveals man fleeing volcano crushed by giant stone - CNET

Worst bad luck incident caught in archaeological find.

Lukian 8 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is a joke?

no it's not. It's a new find in the Pompeii dig.
This will become a joke between us but this story has been picked up by several news sites including NPR and RT and many more.

@Lukian

That's incredible. It's dizzying - like a cartoon death made for laughs. Yet terribly tragic too.

@Ellatynemouth yes! I know, right!

@Ellatynemouth I also found the original image. It's from a new dig site in Pompeii.
[pompeiisites.org]

@Lukian

Thank you. That photo is even worse.

I try imagine what it must have been like. To feel the terror, in that shock moment. To realise nature does not think we're special and will destroy us like any other bug.

And people still live there; flirting with a re-run.

This is hilarious to me.. Poor dude,but at least he's not forever stuck in the jerk off position like that one guy lol

I hope you know that the body turned in that position because his muscles cooked due to the high heat (he was not jerking off). That position is typical of for someone dying by burning.

@Lukian The other bodies aren't like that that I have seen..

@Agirlhasnoname I would suggest you look at this reference. Many bodies appeared to have similar hand positions.
[snopes.com]

See, people have been getting stoned for centuries.

true! but doesn't that look so Wile E Coyote?

@Lukian Yes it does. ?

At least it was quick. There are probably a dozen JOKE possibilities here...I'll leave them for you to write. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:95344
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.