Agnostic.com

3 0

How does the socializing of people place pressure on us?

Marine 8 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

believing that we have to fit in is the real pressure on us

I have never been able to fit in, which has turned out to be the best thing EVER!

@AnneWimsey im the same and I tried hard at first

Socializing requires us to abide by the laws, regulations and tradtions of others. If we act in a way that does not conform to these we are labeled unsociable at best, often something much worse. Most of us strive to fit into the culture around us, while trying to retain the things that make us the individual that we are. We don't want to become clones, but most of the time we don't want to be the focus of all the attention. It causes us to walk a narrow line sometimes. This makes some people very anxious and others just retire into their own bubble and ignore the rest of the world. There are, of course, many other things to be said about this, but that is a short form of my opinion.

Religion , laws, rules, the requirements to keep us living food, shelter,medicine,financial all come together to place various forms of pressure on humans. Not only that but they are finding that all animals and even plants must confine themselves to special environments to prosper and survive. The difference is that humans create and regulate how many of these rules and laws there will be and how they will be enforced.Some of these are actually detrimental to our own species like religion. The real question is how do we identify those items that do harm to the human race and how in spite of living under these rules ,laws do we eliminate them so life can improve.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:95483
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.