Agnostic.com

4 4

QUESTION The Hidden Secret of the Statues on Easter Island (720p) - YouTube

I love this documentary. Some people think recent (last couple hundred years) technology is the best we’ve had. While it can be easier, it’s not necessarily ‘better’. I’m always amazed at what our ancestors accomplished.

Experimental archaeology has tried copper saws of ancient Egypt, moving blue stones to set up henges and tombs, weapon making, and so much more.

These these really turn me on and get me excited. Love discussing them.

Annaleda 8 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sure wish i had a face to look at...

these things fascinate me as well. If Egyptian methods and technology interest you, check out any documentaries regarding the internal ramp theory for building the great pyramids. It's the most convincing I've seen, I believe the architect looking into it was called Jean-Pierre Houdin.

Dav87 Level 6 Dec 23, 2017

Easter Island seems to be as much a tale of what happens to a civilization when the climate changes as it is about human engineering.

Exactly. They basically burned and hunted their flora and fauna into nothingness. Most island cultures understood the importance of preserving their environment.

I agree! The engineering capabilities our ancestors had are often mind blowing. One of the reasons I live looking into history!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9610
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.