Agnostic.com

5 9

LINK A Massive Clue on Pregnancy And The Development of Schizophrenia Was Just Found

From the link: “Using genetic testing and obstetrical history information from a diverse group of nearly 3,700 adults, 2,038 of whom had schizophrenia, the researchers found a significant interaction between nature and nurture factors within the placenta.“

AMGT 8 June 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I want to point out the usage of terminology

“...the study found that in placentas from male offspring...”

Good stuff, though. At least the placenta is being studied. It is amazing that it has been overlooked in the past, discarded as waste. Even waste holds evidence and clues to the nature of reality.

There are also some studies underway looking into a potential microflora in/on the placenta and amniotic fluid that can lead to diseases as well.

Hmmmm... I don't know what to say. Ok... thinking out loud. Can they take samples to determine an outcome of a child's health. Will this new knowledge allow them to fix the problems and maybe create more intelligence in the baby? Like I said... just thinking out loud.

Super! I really hope cancer is next. I wonder, though, will it mean schizophrenia can be cured or be a situation where pregnancies will be terminated to stop the afflicted person coming to be born. That would raise another moral dilemma like terminating pregnancies of children with Down's Syndrome.

wow. that an interesting find. I wonder what other illnesses might be related.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:96158
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.