Agnostic.com

4 1

What are your sociopolitical interests? Are you an activist?

MusicArt 3 Dec 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i help animals

I do, I am a social activist, I lobby the government advocating for the rights of landowners, farmers, healthcare and the environment. I have run for political office to push these issues forward. I have taken part in protests, marches and direct actions, but, mostly I choose to yank on the ear of political officials and go to the press when they fail to act.
I am not sure I could survive the shame of failing to act in the face of wrong. Democracy is a participatory system and freedom is never defended by silence.

Justice, peace, equality, clean water, air, and soil, community, human and animal rights, environmentalism, free healthcare and education, affordable housing, universal basic income. I guess those are a few of my interests. I'm not an activist: I do go to marches, I sign petitions, and make phone calls. But I'm really not active with any group of people. Having said that: we MUST all become active. Being passive got us to where we are.Alas, It's not a good place.

I would like to be, but I’m a math teacher. Being a counselor you should appreciate the amount of time I have. I’m also a single dad. I do actively vote.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9653
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.