Agnostic.com

5 0

Jealous vs envious

Do you feel there is a difference between jealousy and envy?

blackdawn250 5 June 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks for the replies. I always felt jealous and envy were on the same lines, but I felt one could cause you to make a rash, devious decision to acquire what it is, while the other won't.

I might be envious of someone's success, or where they live, or what kind of car they drive. It will not keep me up at night or twist my stomach into knots like jealously can. I gave up both decades ago.

Def feel, this I'm an electrician and I wire very expense custom house. That I can't afford. So I guess I'm a bit envious of their success.

Personally, I don’t think there’s a difference. I mean, the two of them are synonyms. I think envious is just a smoother way of saying jealous. Although, I do like the answer @TheMiddleWay put it as well. I suppose it depends on how YOU see it.

The Simpsons know what's up...

Interesting question. Never separated the two.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:97212
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.