Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Religious behavior in animals - Wikipedia

There is a whole area of evolution science that questions and investigates the evolution of morality and religion. It seemed, from Darwin's times, that religion and morality were exclusive of human beings, but some strange findings have surfaced.... Read on this fascinating article from Wikipedia.

rsabbatini 7 June 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It would have been helpful if the author had provided a working definition of the word "religion". Mine requires the three M's: Myth, Message and Morality, the latter not restricted to religion or the religious. To those three I would like cynically to add Politics. All churches are ultimately political parties, as the pragmatic Romans figured out: In hoc signo vinces.

A lot of projection seems to be involved here - even in the case(s) of elephants "burying' corpses (it's just as likely that the bodies are being hidden from sight and scent in order to lessen the chances of encountering a predator attrcated by the smell.

Having said that, I'd recommend 'Watership Down', Richard Adams' novel following a troupe of wild rabbits as they search the English countryside for new territory to colonize - he creates entirely believable characters and a sense of genuine society, complete with a credible mythology.

Excellent! If anyone thinks any physical or behavioral human trait came to us by any path other than through the narrow gate of evolution, I’d like to hear the hypothesis. I know we have invented some non-adaptive and maladaptive behaviors on our own, but the ability to do so came from evolution.

skado Level 9 June 2, 2018

I wish they wouldn't do scientific experiments on apes. I can't bear thinking about it.

Photos like the one in this post convey their high level of intelligence. It seems the scientists have a morality shortfall.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:97334
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.