Agnostic.com

4 0

Any " Truth" survivors out there?
The Truth is a name of a Christian cult sect.
If you know about it or anyone who's in I'd be interested in hearing from you.
I'd even share my own experiences with it.

Leah 5 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow. Would love to hear about it.

I am completely unfamiliar with them....which isn't going to last long....new information to binge on...glad you came out of it! That takes some SERIOUS strength!

Thank you Johnny,
In retrospect I feel I'm a more educated, stronger individual because of it. However, I still get my hackles up when I meet a pushy Christian or conservative Jew. It flavors my dialogue and mindset. I find myself never exploring relationships with anyone who believes in God.
( or voted for Trump) which is s problem in the south.!!
I'm originally from California , bit consider the Pacific Northwest my home. I lived in Oregon three years ago. Loved it.
Glad to hear from you.

Never heard of this. As an atheist YouTuber I am interested.

I had to look it up but, I saw that they were also known as the two by twos and I do know something of them.
Many years ago my mother and a neighbour lady were very good friends and I remember them talking about the neighbours husband joining this group. The group bleed them out of thousands of dollars that lead to them having to sell their farm. My mother told me that she thought they were a cult and that she urged her friend to leave her husband before he drug them to financial ruin. They did eventual get out but not before one of their sons became a "worker" and went to Africa on a mission where he died a few month later and the parents had to pay the cult to bring his body home. The cult had demanded that he sell every thing he owned to go on the mission, that was about 50 years ago.

Hi ,
That is certainly the same group. There are books out about it too!
My experience was also horrific.
Thank you for sharing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9874
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.