Agnostic.com

9 12

LINK Leaked photo reveals 'mass trial' of immigrants in Texas - Houston Chronicle

This is actually happening, to real people. These travesties should be front and center in our public conciousness.

OpposingOpposum 9 June 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow. I had no idea! Thanks for posting

I wonder how many American companies use illegal immigrant labour?

It happens in the UK. It's immoral and disgusting. Poor and desperate illegal immigrants, trying to make a better life for themselves are often exploited by hotels and restaurants, where they work in the kitchens with no rights and low wages.

The immigrant bashing right wingers eating in the same restaurant have no idea their food is made by the people they despise.

I've witnessed a five star hotel in Britain using illegal immigrants. If the government catches them it gives them a slap on the wrist and a fine (which is never collected).

I have no doubt that sections of the American economy are run on illegal immigrant labour too.

I feel so lucky I am not trapped in that nightmare.

@DeeTee

That's the huge lie. When politicians whip up anti immigrant feeling I'm always very suspicious. It's such a double standard.

Walmart are a disgrace.

This travesty has got to stop..

This is alarming. I reposted it on Facebook to spread the word about what is happening.

Why would an immigrant want to go to the USA ... a question first nations peoples have been asking for hundreds of years!

Have you heard / seen about the way of life in some Latin American / Middle East countries? Right now about thousands Venezuelan cross the border into Argentina....and those that can afford a coyote cross into EE UU.

@DUCHESSA what's your point?

@Mistral My point is that I understand them....I don't approve what they do but I understand WHY.

Saw stuff like this in history videos and books back in the 1930’s in Germany.

Is not the same.

@DUCHESSA - prove me wrong

@CalvinJoe Dear, I don't have to prove you wrong and you need to read other books as well. Bye.

I'm a centrist, but to be honest I think the left is overreacting to Trump's policies on illegal immigration simply because they feel they need to oppose everything Trump does. And example is the left getting outraged when Trump referred to MS-13 gang members as animals. Big deal. They are a violent criminal gang and every last one of them that isn't a citizen should be deported or jailed if they can be convicted of a crime.

The bottom line is that these people - illegal immigrants - are KNOWINGLY committing crimes by entering our country illegally. And there are just too many of them for our system to handle, and they are taking advantage of that to enter, turn themselves in, be released and then not show up for their court appointments - thus allowing them to get in illegally and stay here illegally.

If families don't want to be separated when they enter our country illegally, then DON'T enter our country illegally.

It's interesting to note that while Trump is inflammatory in the way he talks (or tweets) about illegals, Presidents Obama, Bush and Clinton said most of the same things, but more diplomatically, and no one blew a gasket.

Although I don't like Trump, I do agree with him on this issue: if we are to be a soverign nation, then we need to control our borders and enforce our immigration laws. Nearly every nation on the planet does this and so should we. I suspect Trump would be willing to sign a compromise legislation allowing dreamers to stay in exchange for money for border security and I think Dems should strike a compomise deal on that, rather than just fighting him tooth and nail on everything.

Fins Level 4 June 4, 2018

He doesn't want money for "Border Security" though, he wants this country to spend billions on a fucking wall.
It will just never happen.

Then lets do this to All illegal whote folks..

@Charlene Exactly - even WHITE folks who are here illegally should leave. If someone overstays their student Visa or vacation Visa or whatever - they should LEAVE. It doesn't matter if they're white or latino or asian or black or an extraterrestrial, or what country they're from or what their religion is.

The ONLY concession I make is for some dreamers - depending on age, situation, length in country, etc.

I voted for Trump for everything you said. BTW, to call animals to the M-S 13 gang's members is offensive....TO THE ANIMALS.

@BeerAndWine I'm fine with amnesty for dreamers, believe legal immigration quotas should be increased, and think the wall is a waste of money. Is that better? Those things would get me disavowed by Trump supporters.

Glad got see you have no real concept on the atrocity being done by the admin.

@dalefvictor I don't see sending illegal border crossers back to where they came from an "atrocity". Is there something I'm missing? Or should anyone who wants to be able to come into our country without us even knowing about them?

This can't possibly be legal

WHY NOT? ALL COMMITTED THE SAME CRIME.

Are you aware that Obama deported a lot more people than Trump?

@DUCHESSA because in this country, all people have a right to a trial by a jury of their peers... All of their peers are in handcuffs. Being tried for similar crimes. And there are always each individusl's extenuating circumstances to address and consider. They have the right to defend themselves through a lawyer individually. This is just racism, bigotry, immigration phobia, and xenophobia masquerading as law. Not because they are Americans, obviously, but because they are human and our constitution doesn't allow for "mass trials". At least, I've never seen that part of the constitution. In fact, it guarantees the right to a fair trial. Does any of this look like it's fair to you?

And for the record, your Obama vs Trump argument is irrelevant to my original statement. That's why I didn't address it.

@Kafir Are you aware that illegals do not have rights? Anyway....why to spend money in separate trials when all are guilty of the same crime?
BTW, the jurors must be citizens of USA...and you can rest assured those people in handcuffs are not USA Citizens..
BTW@, you didn't address my fact Obama vs Trump because is irrelevant but because you are not aware of the truth.

That's appalling!

Why would any immigrant want to come to the US?

The whole idea of deporting them is to dissuade them from wanting to come here illegally. Those who come here LEGALLY aren't treated like this.

If I were to sneak into Russia, Iran, N.Korea, or just about ANY country - even Canada - I wouldn't blame them if I ended up handcuffed and in court any more than I would blame a cop for arresting me if I robbed a 7-11.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:98878
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.