Agnostic.com

3 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is fascinating, and horrifying too, to see how playing with words can seem to alter the truth.

This headline is misleading at best. My reading of the article is that people who say they have "no religion" are still unwilling to let go of the idea of a god. I think many people are like my daughters who are "nones" and consider themselves in that nebulous category of "spiritual but not religious." The article did not mention the number of atheists who are also religious.

The title is misleading. This is more about surface religiosity, the trappings of a religious service, then it is about religion. Yet, it is an interesting phenomenon of humans that they often crave ritual and ceremony devoid of any real belief. People are often superstitious as well for no apparent reason

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:98953
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.