Agnostic.com

4 2

While most everyone around me prefers to celebrate Christmas I find Winter Solstice the event I prefer to take noteof. As a farmer the demarcation between the shortest day of the year and the lengthening days is something to celebrate. At this point of winter I am feeding my livestock in the dark after work, I prefer thelight of day to care for them. Any one else feel Winter Solstice is a more worthy event to celebrate then Christmas? I mean the Christians basically usurped most of the trappings of the Solstice celebrations.

misstuffy 7 Dec 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Our big winter celebration is the solstice, and we have a bonfire. Think it is important to pay attention to the rhythms of the earth, our home.

agreed

I'm sure the celebration of Christmas was tied to the winter solstice. Solstice makes more sense to me, but I wouldn't mind if all the happy holiday horseshit went away and left me alone.

I also think that the winter solstice has so much more going for it then the irrational belief of the birth of a holy child. On this year's solstice, I went swimming in the ocean. It occurred at 6:28 on the morning of the 21st. (I live in Hawaii) Looking forward to the days getting longer.

Yes! I admire your occupation. I would love to learn it! The Winter Solstice is important for me as a turning point of the seasons. I understand it as a real connection to our world/solar system. All the sabbats are unique, but this one is our rebirth, our returning to the light. I will remember you at Yule. I will burn a wish for your happiness in the fire.Live Freely!!!

I love the livestock but it is a hard way to make a living so I work on airplanes for a day job. My work is sent all over the world. Love that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9909
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.