Agnostic.com

4 0

Extraterrestrial religion....

Are we going to meet extraterrestrial beings? If so what'll be their religion? What the impact you will have if completely unknown by your knowledge? Are we being exposed to their control in any way?

Matrix 3 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, it's just a matter of when.
No telling what their religion will be, we'll have to see when they are discovered.
I have no idea what the third question is asking.
I hope we aren't being controlled by them, but if we were, could we even tell? Who knows?

My opinion too Chuckles. Just a matter of time.....for us to know....Even if we are not controlled by them by whom are we controlled? I agree....we don't know a single thing one way or another.....

If we're talking about the imminent future, than I would presume that they were the more advanced civilization that has managed to come the great distances to visit us, and part of being more advanced would be their having "grown up" and shed their religions. Any manipulation on their part would be to take advantage of humanity's dependence in religion in some way, presuming they are less than friendly. Anyone ever watch Babylon 5?

godef Level 7 Dec 23, 2017

I haven't seen it Godef, but seems interesting. I like futuristic movies. I looked for information about it and I am ready to watched it. “ It was the dawn of the third age of mankind – ten years after the Earth-Minbari War. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call – home away from home – for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal… all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. ”
—?Commander Jeffrey Sinclair (Michael O'Hare)

@Matrix - Be patient with the first season, it get's a bit pulpy, but it start's to deliver near the end and into the 2nd season.

In my opinion, and that is all anyone can have is opinion, is there are probably innumerable races of intelligent life in the universe. Have any of them ever visited us, I doubt it, because of extreme distances. Will we ever encounter such beings, I doubt it, again because of distance. It would be much more expedient to try to solve our own problems of overpopulation and climate change that threaten our existence.

gearl Level 8 Dec 23, 2017

Threat is something we should not be worried about.... life itself is a threat! Next step we give is always unknown....So....if there is any truth on our existence here is that "we don't know a single thing".The arrogance of man when analyzing the traces left and such that even implies taking the veins of the mind to see through the akashic records (theosophy and anthroposophy, the Akashic records are a compendium of all human events, thoughts, words, emotions, and intent ever to have occurred in the past, present, or future. They are believed by theosophists to be encoded in a non-physical plane of existence known as the etheric plane. There are anecdotal accounts but no scientific evidence for existence of the Akashic records.

Where there's smoke there's fire. History, arts and secrecy tell us to be aware of them!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:9949
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.