Agnostic.com
8 1

Hello fellow Canadians,

I'm looking for anyone over 18 who knows English
to fill-out a 20 question survey on their Childhood Experience & Religious Affiliation.
I'm low on Canadian respondents, relative to those Americans.
The survey takes around 3 minutes to complete.

[surveymonkey.com]

Ian_Newton 5 Jan 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You falsely state that this will be a statistically valid survey. I would strongly suggest that you take a statistics course before you spout bullshit like that. It is a completely non scientific survey that cannot give valid results. What is your real agenda? are you a troll or just an self styled expert without qualifications?

glennlab Level 10 Jan 26, 2021

It is my position that your claim, "It is a completely non scientific survey that cannot give valid results" is untrue.

My "agenda" is to gain more respondents for the survey so that,
I and others can increase our knowledge.

Are you aware of the sample sizes,
or of the various control groups which can be
created with data sorting using survey monkey?
If you are not aware I invite you to
stop spreading information which is un-supported by the reality of
this survey-project.

@Ian_Newton survey monkey is to true statistical analysis as tinker toys are to architecture. i am aware of what survey monkey is and their extreme limitations. FYI I have been involved in development, writing, administering, analyzing and providing synopses of surveys for over the last 40 years. As well as hiring people to do the same.

@glennlab Please tell me one or more limitations that exist
using survey monkey for "true statistical analysis".

@Ian_Newton Your universe is artificially limited, it is self selecting, two things that by rule make a survey unscientific.

@glennlab A self-selecting survey isn't necessarily invalid
if there is a substantial sample, with ample controls
from both the control group and experiential group.

Besides, the problem of self-selection exists
for both controlled and experiential groups.

Who is conducting this and y . I am not clicking on anything until u give me the name of your organization and the names of head chiefs .
Who are u people and what’s the story ?

Pralina1 Level 9 Jan 26, 2021

Your assumption that I am working in representation with a specific organization or
one behalf of one is incorrect.

The main focus of the survey is to look into
the possibility of correlations between experiences
in childhood and non-belief (Atheism & Agnosticism).

However, it can also be useful to compare
the correlations (no lack of) with a variety
of religious affiliation groups.

The anonymous survey results
are planned to be compiled into a detailed, public report, laying out the results which are statically reliable.

The survey was created with the criticism of a community-involvement approach
and is not financially supported by any university or financial organization.

@Ian_Newton Ohh, how sweet of u . Coming here to help dr vitz out ,from atheism back to Christianity and to Catholics .
Ohhhh . U just skipped to tell what you looking for , and who’s studies and theories u supporting .
😂😂😂😂😂
Pls tell the old lizard that my father was the type of father anyone will dream to have , he was brilliant , kind , an atheist , and not poor either 😂😂😂
And he died when I was 38😂😂

U are dishonest and u did not disclosed y u doing this and who your leader is . And that’s that .

Hi @Pralina1,

I'm not here to help Dr. Vitz. In fact I have not, to my knowledge, contacted him directly.
In the reply I gave you, it read:
"The main focus of the survey is to look into
in childhood and non-belief (Atheism & Agnosticism)."

This isn't about supporting a previously existing study, this is about
testing ideas with a survey.

You claim I'm dishonest, yet did not present any evidence of your claim.
I am conducting this survey to further research on the topic, more
precisely, to come to a greater understanding of the world in which
I live.

I am not working on behalf of a team of researchers, or of a university,
so I have no research team leader.

Why would you answer this dude? Who is he? He appears to be looking for dirt to use by religionists.

The main focus of the survey is to look into
in childhood and non-belief (Atheism & Agnosticism).

However, it can also be useful to compare
the correlations (no lack of) with a variety
of religious affiliation groups.

The anonymous survey results
are planned to be compiled into a detailed, public report, laying out the results which are statically reliable.

The survey was created with the criticism of a community-involvement approach
and is not financially supported by any university or financial organization.

@Ian_Newton Speaking in passive voice weasel words makes you even more suspect. Next surveys should be is child rape a factor in Catholic clergy choice? How did priests decide on victims? Did their Catholic parents teach them how to be predators? Do Catholic priests really believe the crap they preach? Or was their childhood steeped in superstition and fear?

@TheMiddleWay Be assured, as the data report will hopefully indicate soon
a reliable sample size exists which includes Protestants, Catholics and Orthodox
with which the data from agnostics and atheists can be properly compared.

@Killtheskyfairy You're welcome to conduct your own survey,
I can recommend sample sizes and let you know places online to help you reach Catholics.

@TheMiddleWay Additionally, the quote comes 25 days before the finalized survey
came out. It was in development in December.

So though I value fair criticism to assist gaining more reliable data,
I deny the claim that I wasn't being completely honest.

To be transparent:
I am testing the proposal of Dr. Vitz of New York University to see if
it is a meaningful idea to explain the rise of atheists and agnostics.

And with this, more broadly, how experiences with one's father and mother
may be giving proclivity towards a certain religious affiliation.

Trump can't take it. 😟

How much are you getting from surveymonkey for doing this?

I'm not being paid by the SurveyMonkey.

Trump could take it...

Thank you for your help.
While the survey remains open to anyone 18 who understands English,
we are relatively**** low on responses from Canadians.

It would be cool to have solid sample size
for our country as well.

****: Compared to Americans; we're actually ahead of Austrians and Brits right now.

done

Davekp Level 8 Jan 3, 2021

Done!

Ok, done.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 32

Photos 416 More

Posted by bookofmoronsTotally pumped for the 2024 eclipse and so far the weather is excellent! Fingers crossed it stays that way for the next few hours!!! BTW: Did anyone realize that its not just an American eclipse?

Posted by 1patriotDon't talk about the Government or you will pay ! [x.com]

Posted by 1patriot[facebook.

Posted by 1patriotCanada's new hate crimes you can be charge if they think you don't like them

Posted by 1patriotPiece shit traitor

Posted by 1patriot⚫️🚨 Canada is implementing a law designed to preempt crime, ala “Minority Report” which will be selectively enforced against White citizens.

Posted by 1patriotNow we know what the Trudeau government was desperately trying to hide.

Posted by 1patriotI think it’s time we stop pretending and getting rid of fossil fuels will somehow solve all of the world, so-called climate problems! Robbie Picard

Posted by 1patriotKICKLEI is kicking off! With a dedication to all Canadian Patriots, Especially Those “Who Can`t Get to Ottawa.

Posted by 1patriotthe whole liberal party become millionaires

Posted by 1patriotDozens of Ottawa protestors file several lawsuits seeking tens of millions of dollars from the government, RCMP, banks, and others over the Emergency Act invocation that was ruled unconstitutional ...

Posted by 1patriotALL Native and Non-Native people of Canada will want to see this interview by Dan Dicks from Press For Truth [pressfortruth.

Posted by 1patriot[rebelnews.

Posted by 1patriotDuring an interview with an Australian network taped earlier this week, Justin Trudeau stated, "In Canada, I am more popular than Jesus Christ" arrogant as as Biden both pricks, both pedophiles, ...

Posted by 1patriotThe pedophile turdeau.....being sued for imposing the emergency act.....

Posted by 1patriotin Canadian the liberals are shitting all over our veterans likely the same down south

• Top tags#Canada #video #government #world #DonaldTrump #god #friends #money #hope #children #laws #religion #religious #reason #liberal #federal #rights #freedom #media #book #hell #vote #climate #USA #minister #wife #truth #policy #economic #death #weather #earth #community #Police #Song #hello #evidence #fear #liberals #oil #guns #belief #church #society #Bible #ClimateChange #atheism #dogs #conservative #politics ...

Members 469Top