Agnostic.com
2 2

I gained 20 lb during my initial covid quarantine year. I soothed my social soul with calories.

Last August, I finally got serious about losing my unwanted gains. I've been a yo-yo dieter most of my life and the most successful diet for me has always been Suzanne Summers. I tried it several times earlier this year but could only last about 8 days and the 5 lbs that I lost always came immediately back on.

This time I coupled the Suzanne Somers diet with intermittent fasting. I only eat between 12:00 and 8:00 p.m. Suzanne Somers restricts eating carbs with proteins and fats and encourages fresh fruit an hour before a meal or an hour after. Low carb alone does not provide enough fiber for my old body so I've always found this healthier. I have a large bowl of high fiber no sugar cereal with fat-free milk for my first meal and then my other meal is high protein and green vegetable carbs. So far I've lost 15 of the 20 lb in 4 months so I'm quite happy with this regimen. Real beauty of it is I can eat whatever I want some of the days and not gain any of the weight back as long as I restrict my food between 12:00 and 8:00 p.m.

I thought I'd share this even though I know it might not work for anyone else. I also know it might work for someone else.

Lorajay 9 Dec 4
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's the fasting that'll help you (see the images, below).

We're all creatures of habit...and with food....it's habits started before we could walk and talk.

So my point is - be patient with yourself. The habits we've set in our minds were done by our well meaning parents....and they're stronger and more deeply set than any drug addiction.

Keep a scale handy and weigh yourself regularly. Avoid cursing and swearing when you gain. Just think about what you ate the day before.

Every animal on the planet deals with hunger every day. We're the only ones who habitually avoid it.

Here's an old, but good article on the obesity epidemic

[slate.com]

What is a green vegetable carb? The only carb I permit myself is beer. Works for me. & good for you.

Mooolah Level 8 Dec 4, 2021

For example brussel sprouts have 8 grams of carb in one serving however they're very high in fiber which lowers the actual carbs you are exposed to. Most green vegetables have a similar carb content and reaction while root vegetables such as potatoes do not.

Recent Visitors 13

Photos 99 More

Posted by OldMetalHeadI hit a new weight milestone this week. Still trying for the six-pack.

Posted by OldMetalHeadThe hardest part for me is not falling back into old bad habits after meeting goals.

Posted by OldMetalHeadThe hardest part for me is not falling back into old bad habits after meeting goals.

Posted by JonnaBononnaI had finally gotten back on track after gaining back most of the weight I lost a couple of years ago.

Posted by JurneeI have to say, as an overweight karate instructor, this is the one patch that I was ok with never getting.

Posted by DotLewis13 March 2020 - Diet Diary - Holding steady, up a little, down a little.

Posted by DotLewis13 March 2020 - Diet Diary - Holding steady, up a little, down a little.

Posted by DotLewis7 March 2020 - Diet Diary - Been quiet around here lately. I've not been on vacation, just keeping a low profile and trying to stay on top of things. Are those things incompatible?

Posted by DotLewis26 Sept.

Posted by MyMrsFifiAte my tiny meal...... Still hungry.... Waiting for snack time like this......

Posted by DotLewisWell, that's annoying! Twice I "shared" this post from Gardeners group to here and neither time did it appear.

Posted by DotLewisWell, that's annoying! Twice I "shared" this post from Gardeners group to here and neither time did it appear.

Posted by DotLewisTrade wars?

Posted by DotLewisTrade wars?

• Top tags#Diet #hope #Exercise #dogs #weather #friends #sleep #coffee #Friday #god #reason #book #video #limit #Shopping #church #world #religious #Atheist #kids #rain #atheism #religion #hell #parents #animals #money #humans #apple #cats #holiday #Christmas #death #children #agnostic #Christian #relationship #cancer #chinese #fear #mother #anxiety #vote #beliefs #truth #Bible #evidence #saved #weed #oil ...

Members 254Top

Moderators