Agnostic.com
3 1

I bought into several stocks during the late spring recovery. My investment strategy has been to wait until the investment doubles then pull out the original investment to buy something new. I have done this with 3 stocks.
Now I am unsure what to do with the remainder. Has anyone else used this theory? How do you decide to sell the remainder?

Donna_I 8 Feb 4
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sometimes, when I have a 100% gain I sell off half, which seems to make sense. Then I try to put the gains into more conservative growth stocks. But, often times my best results are withs stocks I've bought and just left alone.

BDair Level 8 Mar 18, 2021

This is what I am thinking with two as they are looking strong.

I donate my stocks to charity. Gives me a tax deduction, the charity receives my donation, & I pay no taxes on the capitol gains. I don't play the market. I buy low & sell high. Then I buy low & sell high again, for many many years. Lots of tax advantages to those who learn the game. One should always have 3-6 months of monthly average costs in cash. Not in the bank but some where secure.

Mooolah Level 8 Feb 6, 2021

I hadnt thought to donate the stocks. I will look into that! thanks!

@Donna_I Want to trade for some Peanut Butter?

@PondartIncbendog possibly... how much are they? do you accept dogecoin? 😋

@Donna_I Sorry. I only accept Biscuitpal.

I bought eighteen bottles of peanut butter and they haven't gone up in price. I'm finished.

Recent Visitors 12

Photos

Posted by Cast1esReal estate can be a good way to invest , even if it's only the home you live in , but sometimes , there are unexpected costs .

Posted by Cast1esReal estate can be a good way to invest , even if it's only the home you live in , but sometimes , there are unexpected costs .

Posted by PinkyandtheBrainGood correction. I actually consulted with a lot of people.

• Top tags#Stocks #money #Stockmarket #Investing #tech #video #hope #children #NikolaTesla #DonaldTrump #earth #world #China #technology #faith #kids #reason #hell #media #god #cars #Friday #friends #federal #vote #book #Atheist #apple #holiday #created #computers #millenials #church #Netflix #Generations #laws #Song #death #dying #republicans #advice #religion #Texas #sex #Socialmedia #humor #dollar #simulation #religious #belief ...

Members 63Top