Agnostic.com
8 1

My religious (cousin’s) wife and my anal sister are pressing me to quote “the” bible where Jesus says homosexuality is an abomination. I do not see reference to selling boys at the temple and was wondering if anyone can tell me where to look and what version bible it would be in. I argue that Jesus didn’t say it specifically about homosexuality (not from god through human Moses). Anyone?

EllenDale 7 Apr 23
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He said Nothing about it, and in fact some scholars point out where some of the Disciples were more special than others.
P.s. he threw moneylenders out of the Temple!

AnneWimsey Level 9 Apr 23, 2020

That’s where I heard that Jesus said it was an abomination. However, the translated word means taboo, not abomination.

Leviticus, Corinthians, and Paul are sources for the Bibles homophobic stance. Jesus himself never said anything relating to homosexuality. He had a prostitute for a girlfriend and Moses "10 Commandments" never specifically addressed homosexuality but rather Adultery. It is funny how Christians become the ultimate cherry pickers. The Story of Sodom & Gamora was another slight against sex in the old testimate, however it was not against homosexuality specifically. It was against wicked lust on behalf of both sexes and a large majority of it was due to the lude and adulterous behavior and blatant disregard for decency. (Genesis 19:24)

It's in Leviticus. Do a google search. Easy peasy. But the character Jesus was not free of saying stupid shit like "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." This is Matthew. Violent dude! Also, he did not disavow the crazy crap from Leviticus when he clearly said in Matthew 5-17 to 18 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished." Meaning he did not come to change the crazy Leviticus laws.

Mofo1953 Level 9 Apr 23, 2020

Taking a verse out of the old testament and wrapping hatred around it. That is one biggest reasons I left the dark side and began my journey of enlightenment. I'm a bi man and not ashamed of it now.

freedom41 Level 9 Apr 23, 2020

Jesus made no references to being gay. Tell them to read the gospels themselves, if they're xtian that shouldn't be too hard for them.

Theresa_N Level 8 Apr 23, 2020

My sister is dyslexic so hates to read! I said I don’t do research for adults

Paul was a sex phobic closet case, in my oh so humble opinion.

The ONLY New Testament reference to same sex behavior is from Paul, (in Romans,) not Jesus

Thank you.

I don't understand. If they care so damn much about a Biblical reference, let them reference it. It is not your job to prove them right. ...especially since they are wrong, but regardless.

Agreed!

They love to twist words from “AFA is anti-LBGTQ” to “the bible says LGBTQ is an abomination.”

@EllenDale It's really frustrating.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 30

Photos 269 More

Posted by snytiger6Coming out ...

Posted by snytiger6Larissa awakens Christmas morning to find ...

Posted by CliffordCook([iowafaithleadercoalition.

Posted by snytiger6Victoria's Secret model, huh ...

Posted by snytiger6I come in peace ...

Posted by snytiger6You need to find peace with your uniqueness...

Posted by snytiger6The only choice made was to be myself...

Posted by snytiger6The day you graduate from...

Posted by snytiger6Trust me. There is no other man...

Posted by snytiger6The bible belt...

Posted by snytiger6Condiment come out...

Posted by snytiger6I think the pastor is coming out...

Posted by CeaselessmindIt works best when you can take a bigoted letter and throw it right back in their faces! I fuckin love whoever did this!

Posted by snytiger6My artistic idol...

Posted by snytiger6You, religions and the holy book

Posted by inigomontoyaI identify as bigender. Most LGBTQ+ people don’t even know what that is. 😂

• Top tags#gay #video #community #transgender #friends #gender #sex #god #hope #DonaldTrump #religion #LGBT #rights #world #religious #relationship #queer #nation #Christian #marriage #children #kids #money #laws #Atheist #church #parents #hello #reason #book #wife #ComingOut #Identity #dogs #Catholic #Jesus #Bible #films #Song #movies #Police #republicans #atheism #vote #death #society #culture #homosexuality #Christians #mother ...

Members 979Top