Agnostic.com
7 10

LINK Man Left Bloodied, Bones Fractured After Random Homophobic Attack

A gay man in Fort Lauderdale suffered multiple facial injuries after he was punched by a stranger who first asked if he was gay.

James Garcia said he was walking his dog, Delilah, outside his condominium on the morning of Sunday, April 17, when he was attacked, suffering two facial fractures and multiple wounds requiring 10 stitches to close. Police later arrested Maurice Antwan Charles, 36, in connection with the attack.

“When I close my eyes I see this attacker every day,” Garcia told WPLG. “I hear his voice. I see his face.”

Garcia said he left his condominium on A1A near 27th Street around 7:45 a.m. when he heard screaming nearby. A few moments he said the man he later identified as Charles approached him.

“Never seen the person in my life. Don’t know who he is,” Garcia said, becoming emotional. “When he approached me, [he] asked me if I was gay, and then he punched me.”

snytiger6 9 Apr 21
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I will never understand how people can be so utterly filled with hatred and rage that they feel compelled to physically attack complete strangers simply based on that person's sexual orientation. It must be mental illness coupled with conservative values.

These kind of attacks happen everyday and largely go unreported. I am so glad that Mr Garcia is going to make a recovery. Mr Charles is the product of engineered hate. Our countries elected officials, particularly those in the republican party, are responsible for stoking this type of bigotry and disgusting behavior. The "Christian Conservatives" are some of the worst. Any politician that won't stand up and condemn this type of behavior needs to be ousted and furthermore banned from holding office. It is inhumane, reprehensible, and quite frankly unacceptable. ANY ABUSE IS UNACCEPTABLE! It doesn't matter if a person is male, female, LGBTQIA, or whatever their race, creed, or personal beliefs are. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO BLUDGEON ANOTHER HUMAN BEING FOR THEM BEING DIFFERENT! WE ARE ALL ENTITLED TO BASIC HUMAN DECENCY AND RESPECT! It needs to be made 100% zero tolerance for such acts. It is a willful and wanton attack steeped in ignorance and bigotry.

Maurice Antwan Charles needs be sectioned for society's safety.

anglophone Level 9 Apr 21, 2022

Infuriating, disheartening, and scary. Note the end of the article: "It is unclear if Broward County prosecutors will add an additional hate crime charge to the current aggravated battery charge facing Charles."
Unclear if a hate crime will be charged?!? This is why I utterly mistrust the legal system. Yes, they do sometimes get it right, but there is little to no consistency, which totally undermines any hope of feeling secure or protected.

That's sad to hear with homo phobes running the state. It's only going to get worse.

freedom41 Level 9 Apr 21, 2022

Glad the cops got the guy. Since the evil bastard asked about being gay, this should, without a doubt be a hate crime. Not a for sure thing for a Florida DA to prosecute however.

What a disgusting, pathetic excuse for a human being.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 19

Photos 269 More

Posted by snytiger6Coming out ...

Posted by snytiger6Larissa awakens Christmas morning to find ...

Posted by CliffordCook([iowafaithleadercoalition.

Posted by snytiger6Victoria's Secret model, huh ...

Posted by snytiger6I come in peace ...

Posted by snytiger6You need to find peace with your uniqueness...

Posted by snytiger6The only choice made was to be myself...

Posted by snytiger6The day you graduate from...

Posted by snytiger6Trust me. There is no other man...

Posted by snytiger6The bible belt...

Posted by snytiger6Condiment come out...

Posted by snytiger6I think the pastor is coming out...

Posted by CeaselessmindIt works best when you can take a bigoted letter and throw it right back in their faces! I fuckin love whoever did this!

Posted by snytiger6My artistic idol...

Posted by snytiger6You, religions and the holy book

Posted by inigomontoyaI identify as bigender. Most LGBTQ+ people don’t even know what that is. 😂

• Top tags#gay #video #community #transgender #friends #gender #sex #god #hope #DonaldTrump #religion #LGBT #rights #world #religious #relationship #queer #nation #Christian #marriage #children #kids #money #laws #Atheist #church #parents #hello #reason #book #wife #ComingOut #Identity #dogs #Catholic #Jesus #Bible #films #Song #movies #Police #republicans #atheism #vote #death #society #culture #homosexuality #Christians #mother ...

Members 979Top