Agnostic.com
9 12

new vs. old math
[agnostic.com]

Philip21 8 May 21
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've never seen the method on top! 😂😂

I recall my son coming home and doing homework math called BODMAS, BIDMAS and PEMDAS or some such crap.
I could not believe it when I was able to prove to him that using this insane system you could have one equation come to two separate answers that technically were both correct.
I showed it to my Uncle who was prior to his passing a quantity surveyor with a Masters degree in Math and he was appalled calling it dangerous and liable to cause serious accidents in construction.

As a maths teacher myself, I wouldn't dream of confusing students with this rubbish. This is typical of people who have no idea of how to teach forcing their insane ideas on the teaching profession.

davers Level 7 May 24, 2020

I don't understand how schools adopted this new math crap. It's the most retarded way of doing math

"Common Core" is the "New Math" of the 21st century.

Ludo Level 7 May 22, 2020

And what a nightmare it is🙄

It's retarded and so are the idiots that came up with it.

I am a teacher (not in America) and I have never and will never teach a child to do multiplication the first way. i may show them using blocks how it all works ie we will make 17 groups of 23 and then look at the fact that we have 10 groups of 3 and 10 groups of 20 as well as 7 groups of 3 and 7 of 20 so that they understand what is happening (we are talking 8 year olds who don't do abstract thinking too well yet.) But then I show them the long multiplication method and as we work through how to do it we refer back to the blocks but under no circumstances would I teach the rubbish at the top as the way to complete the problem.

Budgie Level 8 May 22, 2020

In our state, they fought for over 20 years to get funds for converting to new math. By the time they did, most of the rest of the world had deemed it useless and reverted to standard math. But these bozos were so determined to follow through, that they went ahead with the new math. What a nightmare.
I grew up in California and they were one of the first to do the new math, and nobody understood it, especially the teachers ( who could blame them ) . This is what happens when beaurocrats are too busy trying to justify their existence.

That looks about right.
😄

wolf041 Level 7 May 22, 2020

Visual masturbators.

FrayedBear Level 9 May 22, 2020

Now that's all about working smarter not harder.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 49

Photos 77,317 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFeminist food for thought…

Posted by YoujaesI saw this picture of the Chicken Sky Wizard and I thought it belonged here.

Posted by Ryo1"Everyone" 😆😆😆

Posted by noworry28So no free gas ever.

Posted by glennlabParenting is hard when you're honest

Posted by glennlabI proudly served, even if it was reluctantly, for 6 years.

Posted by bookofmoronscouldn't hurt I guess

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,988Top

Moderators