Agnostic.com
3 6

Yes! I was reading 'The Atheist Pig' comics, and went across a statement in this comic found here.What I realized is that Christains can't be saved, because they'll always sin, and have a sin in which they can not repent from. For there are many sins in the Bible, and most contradict each other! So one, could not do both, or do nothing, so does not matter their choice, they sin. So, I would think that would help people understand that what they believe is wrong.

TCorCM 7 Nov 30
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

But, the whole sacrifice of Jesus is because humans are sinners and remain sinners. He took all sins upon himself; his blood covers them. They don't teach that Christians become free of sin, but that they are forgiven for them past, present and future--IF they have accepted Jesus as their savior, that is. I don't believe this, btw, but it is what I was taught.

Joanne Level 7 Nov 30, 2020

@TCorCM :

In what I was taught, one must confess that they are a sinner, not necessarily confess every sin one has committed. And, if one was "truly" saved, they would repent/apologize/ask forgiveness when one would fall into some sinful behavior. If they wouldn't do this, they were not truly born again.

But, this had nothing to do with salvation as sinning is not what sends one to Hell. What lands you in Hell is not accepting Jesus as one's personal savior.

One thing that bothered me growing up was not only that non-Christians, even if really good people, were going to hell, but also likely the vast majority of people who called themselves Christians--because they didn't believe the correct things about Jesus: his godhood, his physical resurrection, that we are saved ONLY by grace and works mean nothing as we can never be good enough etc...

End the end, the whole plan of salvation is a bunch of mixed up phooey!

Seriously, what kind of god would create people to be sinful and imperfect and then tell them they don't meet his standard of perfection and deserve to go to hell; and then decide that the way to get around his own stupid standard/rule was to sacrifice himself to himself because he made the shedding of blood as necessary for the forgiveness of sins?

Thanks for your patience in reading my rants 🙂.

The only flaw in your logic is when you say you "realized is that Christians can't be saved" . True atheists don't concern themselves with "saving" one's soul...or even having a "soul" for that matter.

One thing the bible said that's science..."From dust you came and to dust you shall return". Sad, but true; here's more accurate, and scientifically provable atheist memes.

Robecology Level 9 Nov 30, 2020

He's right but thank goodness most people make god in their own image, the one in the bible is murderous.

Theresa_N Level 8 Nov 30, 2020

Recent Visitors 48

Photos 77,298 More

Posted by Ryo1

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThose are my pronouns too!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyEaster hack??

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill Women’s History Month…

Posted by noworry28There's nothing Holy about any of the Torah, New Testament, or Quran.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHappy Atheist Day to my fellow Atheists!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyYou can’t win!

Posted by noworry28This is so funny 😁

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,975Top

Moderators