Agnostic.com
1 5

I love a good mystery don't you?....

Lizard_of_Ahaz 9 Mar 2
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So New York are currently studying assisted dying and an Act has been put forward. Looks like it’s getting closer to being reality.

This site tells what’s going on for each State in the US:

[deathwithdignity.org]

That isn't what this is about.... He apparently shoved COVID infected people into nursing homes with uninfected patients causing the premature deaths of many of them. Then tried to cover it up by under reporting the deaths. Now of course women are starting to come out saying he sexually harassed them. Always easier to come out as a powerful man or woman's victim when they are starting to be exposed by their own actions... Remember NY could have had Cynthia Nixon but some misogynistic DNC corporate scumbag endorsed and worked behind the scenes to help him win instead... I wonder who that was?....

@Lizard_of_Ahaz oh, sorry. I have to do a bit of research to work out what’s going on with American posts sometimes. The assisted dying part of the cartoon led me off piste. Thanks for letting me know.

Unfortunately we had Covid patients coming from hospitals into care home settings here and the death toll has been high:

[theguardian.com]

@girlwithsmiles Yeah but his assistance was neither asked for or wanted... I think people should file wrongful death suits against him because he treated elderly people like they were trash to make himself look better politically just like Trump did with the entire country. Just because someone needs assistance living doesn't mean that a grandchild doesn't want to see them and get to know them while they are still alive. Little kids need a grandparent's influence as much and in some cases more than a parent's...
Sorry to hear the UK is going to shit in a cesspool too. Hopefully both our countries will get rid of the conservatives infesting their government and survive these times.

@Lizard_of_Ahaz mmm I’m not sure a difference of government would have been good just before the pandemic. Yes, very sad to lose the aged. Very lucky our remaining old person is being cared for at home with family.
It does feel like cases linked to negligence should have charges pressed, I agree, but where would it stop?

@girlwithsmiles With better government and heath care?....
Just Sayin

@Lizard_of_Ahaz the Government change in this Country would have been too late to make much of a difference, 12 December 2019.

There are considerations in the British NHS that are more institutional than financial that could make a big difference too. They’ve had a culture of promoting the incompetent to get them out of the way, so have been top heavy in management that are sometimes there for the wrong reasons. Also, from what I’ve heard, they don’t have a centralised purchasing system, which gives them less buyer power and there are knock ons from that, in that their stretched income doesn’t go as far as it would with a better procurement process.

Of course, now we’re at Brexit stage with a Conservative Government we have to be careful that we don’t get embroiled in US style medication deals, that would be...well fatal!
Sure it’s good to have a National Health Service (NHS) that is supported, not just during emergencies like now.
I’m not against the Australian system where people can chose to be taxed for that or pay for private, but they get paid more, (in real terms) so can afford to make these choices more easily. Personally I always paid the taxes for the public system anyway because I saw it’s value beyond my own usage.

But a working NHS is good for the public, industry and benefits system in a Country where most people cannot afford to support themselves for a few months if they lose their job.

Recent Visitors 22

Photos 77,352 More

Posted by CliffordCookIf your religion ends in burning people in a lake of fire just because they don't want to join your religion, no, it is not a religion of love.

Posted by YoujaesYa know, this would be a really cool pet, and genetic engineering just might make them.

Posted by backtobasicsI think we have seen a lot of ignorance the last 8 years.

Posted by glennlabOne reason their Judeao christian religions are so messed up

Posted by michelle666garLove this movie!!!

Posted by backtobasicsThere may be an opening soon!

Posted by glennlabIn case there was ever any doubt

Posted by backtobasicsA little drinking fun

Posted by backtobasicsA little drinking fun

Posted by noworry28The temple of the sith where the dark side dwell.

Posted by CliffordCookDonald Trump is so Bible, when he saw the lilies of the field that do not work or worry, he called them evil Marxists and promised to root them out like the vermin they are.

Posted by mistymoon77The battle has begun

Posted by noworry28Yep, he didn't want to be a Beverly hillbilly, he became a Washington DC hillbilly.

Posted by CliffordCookDonald Trump is so Bible, when he heard it would be easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for a wealthy man to go to heaven, he just had a gigantic needle built to ride his camel ...

Posted by CliffordCook([stopchristiannationalism.com], when he heard there was an apparition of the Virgin Mary, he cut to the front of the line to grab her by the pussy.

Posted by YoujaesI saw this picture of the Chicken Sky Wizard and I thought it belonged here.

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #Bible #children #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #fear #wife #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 3,003Top

Moderators