Agnostic.com
9 11

That's a good damn deal!

Kynlei 8 July 11
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hey, it comes with a printer. That's about what my first computer cost.

BitFlipper Level 8 July 12, 2021

That would be mid 80s at the earliest. The PC (dual floppy) was invented in 1980. I remember because that’s the year I started In IT

BudFrank Level 8 July 12, 2021

I miss the sound of a dot matrix printer.

Mvtt Level 7 July 12, 2021

Here's 40 minutes of nostalgia for you. πŸ˜‚

@Kynlei haha thank you! 😌

I remember having a PC that had no hard drive. You booted from a floppy then changed to another floppy that had a word processor that also contained your files.

BethPl Level 5 July 11, 2021

My Vic 20 had 5 kilobytes of RAM.

racocn8 Level 9 July 11, 2021

Unfortunately it's still gibberish to me 😟

freeofgod Level 8 July 11, 2021

I'd like to say be somewhat thankful for that sentiment. When I was a teenager I thought a person was supposed to understand the nuts and bolts and workings of a car before they learned how to drive. Consequently I didn't get my driver's license or a car 'till I was around 25 or so

Basically, the one pictured is less capable than a $9 calculator by today's standards.

When I as in grad school in 1989, I kicked off a computer program, then went off on vacation. When I got back, I found out my program has used 3MB of memory on the computer system, and everyone was pissed at me.

Today, 3MB is a single high-quality photograph.

BD66 Level 8 July 11, 2021

3MB is on the low end of photos, really. Not sure what my camera does, but my phone does 2.5.

I had one of those with an 11 inch green monochrome monitor that could actually display fonts and graphics. I was so impressed.
Does anyone remember Ventura Publisher?

OldGoat43 Level 9 July 11, 2021

My, how things have changed. Simply by exporting jobs, and exploiting labor in third world countries, we have made it easier and less expensive for poorly-educated people to obtain misinformation.

KateOahu Level 8 July 11, 2021

Damn, tell me how you really feel. πŸ˜‚

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 35

Photos 77,317 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFeminist food for thought…

Posted by YoujaesI saw this picture of the Chicken Sky Wizard and I thought it belonged here.

Posted by Ryo1"Everyone" πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Posted by noworry28So no free gas ever.

Posted by glennlabParenting is hard when you're honest

Posted by glennlabI proudly served, even if it was reluctantly, for 6 years.

Posted by bookofmoronscouldn't hurt I guess

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,988Top

Moderators