Agnostic.com
6 5
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

New York has a problem with violence, period. The gangsta mentality runs thick in NYC, and their public schools are all too quick to allow students to drop out of school by age sixteen. Am I really the only one here who thinks it suspicious that the progressive policies guiding that city have apparently failed? Even if somehow they could remove all private gun ownership in that city, it would still be a dysfunctional place to live with high levels of violent crime. Maybe perhaps try addressing the real problems, like a broken public education system that continues to fail our youths and widespread mental illness, for a start?

SpikeTalon Level 9 Jan 31, 2024

What took him so fucking long to realise that?

anglophone Level 8 Nov 19, 2021

That can’t be true. They already have all of those gun restrictions.

Finally, someone who sees this insanity for what it is.

JackPedigo Level 9 July 9, 2021

@SeaGreenEyez Insanity is correct and probably where they should start

That’s typical for that rabid left wing nut who blames it on guns rather than the criminals committing the crimes.

Trajan61 Level 8 July 9, 2021

@SeaGreenEyez Cumo has been soft on criminals who commit crimes with guns so what in the hell are you talking about? Hell he’s only interested in arresting law abiding gun owners.

@Trajan61 Unfortunately, these 'law abiding' people turn into law breaking criminals at an alarming and escalating rate. Just like so many conservatives, control is non-existent. The concept of maintenance and being proactive escapes them. They can't even see their own hypocrisy in claiming pro (human)-life yet supporting the mass murder of people by firearms. The more rational people here can see right through the pro-gun BS.

@JackPedigo You are so full of crap! All of my friends are gun owners and none of them are criminals! Hell I don’t know if a single NRA member who became a criminal!

@Trajan61 Thanks for showing us your true colors.

@SeaGreenEyez I am surprised you sound off about jailing pot smokers etc in answer to Trajan61's post. You created a strawman's argument, and you are better than that.

OF COURSE we should not imprison pot smokers, but we should imprison everyone who uses a gun in the commisson of a crime.

NY already has some of the harshest gun laws in the country. Maybe they should use them.

@SeaGreenEyez As I know you know I have no way to stop or even slow police from arresting non-violet offenders. However that, in no way, affects the point of my 7/12 post.

I'll simplify my point. NY & Chicago already have very tough gun laws If they enforced those laws, I am sure illegal gun possession and murders would drop. Conversely Cuomo declaring a "gun violence health emergency" is nothing except showmanship. If Cuomo wants to eliminate illegal gun possession he already has, and has had the laws ot do that. Perhaps part of the problem is poor leadership.

@Trajan61 Exactly This asshole with his outrageous bail reform and the rest of his bullshit catering to criminals what do you expect

@Trajan61 They are all full of crap .Two of them disputed my evidence below that Democratic run cities have the highest violent crime rates per capita .

@godlessguy Hell those idiots don’t want to hear the truth especially if it doesn’t conform to their radical agenda!

@HarrySlick Right on.

@godlessguy The state of California sure is a hellhole of violent crime and poverty, and it's certainly controlled by Democrats, along with cities like LA and SF. So I'd say you're right about that.

Another Democrat that complains about guns but is easy on the criminals that use the guns to commit the violence .Closing jails while crime goes up ,bail reform that releases violent repeat offender etc, Police are told to ignore certain crimes.Destructive riots with no Consequences.District attorneys that are told not to prosecute .Defunding the police .

godlessguy Level 7 July 9, 2021

@SeaGreenEyez Funny, it seems the biggest complaint is not about issues but simply liberals and democrats. I, for one am not a member (at least dues paying) democrat. Some issues of theirs are too extreme for me. I consider myself a rational centrist.

@JackPedigo is it a coincidence that the cities with the highest crime rates are Democratic run .This is not an opinion it is a fact .

@godlessguy I hear 'facts' being spouted by lots of people. Problem is they usually have nothing except words to back it up.

@SeaGreenEyez Thank you. Telling the 'true' facts sometimes takes a lot of work. Something these republican apologists are allergic to.

@JackPedigo I have evidence to back it up .Violent crime rate Per capita Is the criteria that should be utilized.

@SeaGreenEyez My criteria was violent crime rate per 1000 residents .For example the average crime rate per 1000 residents in Anchorage Alaska is 12

@godlessguy Thank you.Telling ‘the true’ facts sometimes takes a lot of work something these Democratic nitwits are allergic to

@godlessguy So a simple list proves nothing. SeaGreenEyes listing had the political leanings of the towns. Fine details can make a lot of difference.

@godlessguy The original message was about political leanings of crime ridden cities "is it a coincidence that the cities with the highest crime rates are Democratic run .This is not an opinion it is a fact ." Obviously that was NOT a fact. Please understand, many of us do know BS when we see it. Right now the FACT is that most bull crap comes from republicans.

I did not even address the comment to you you moron

@godlessguy Alas, there's no reasoning with either one of them, they will conveniently dismiss your evidence with the wave of a hand...

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 23

Photos 507 More

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #world #children #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #atheism #conservative #sex #Christian #agnostic #parents #earth #community #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife #murder ...

Members 916Top