Agnostic.com
4 5

LINK 7 dead in 5 days during series of shootings in Connecticut

The minute the death tolls become too much for the optics in places like Connecticut, Utah, etc., well see some sane legislation.

#probablynot

SeaGreenEyez 9 Mar 24
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We have our gangs & low-class people too, and Sandy Hook.......

AnneWimsey Level 9 Mar 24, 2022

Could apply the same logic to cars and I don't see a call to outlaw them.

Oldman51 Level 7 Mar 24, 2022

@SeaGreenEyez many people are advocating to make all guns illegal. Sane gun laws is subjective and vague. How do more restrictive laws protect gun rights? You're right cars vs guns argument is a false equivalency, guns are a right guaranteed by the constitution and cars are a privilege.

@Oldman. but to own/drive a car, one must have insurance to protect your victims if you do harm with it, and the insurance is predicated by your driving record.....
I don't suppose you have a problem with responsibility, do you?

@SeaGreenEyez I've heard many politicians imply they want to do mandatory gun buy backs for all guns, not to mention many on this site who want all guns banned. I've seen it with my own eyes. Constitutional carry is a thing in several states now not just the ones you mentioned. Being a libertarian I'm in favor of less laws across the board not more. Anti gun laws were originally designed to stop black and brown people from owning guns so your point is flawed at best. How are ordinary citizens expected to fight against a tyrannical government or invader with revolvers and bolt action rifles? I don't even know why you try to be honest

The bar keeps rising on how many gun deaths we'll accept before doing something about it, but I believe if Sandy Hook didn't do it, nothing will.

Lauren Level 8 Mar 24, 2022

@SeaGreenEyez They swallow the most ridiculous excuses: video games, goth kids, single mothers, working mothers, being poor. They never see themselves. 😟

Yep, #itsdisgusting

In a non gun friendly state like Connecticut? No, I don't believe it.

Tejas Level 8 Mar 24, 2022

Ummm, we have our gangs & etc too...and where do you think Sandy Hook took place?
And we are far from "not gun-friendly" we tend to enforce the already-the-law waiting periods,though.....

@AnneWimsey most "gun violence" is suicides or gang violence. I was going by general consensus that your state is fairly not gun friendly. I'm sure gang violence in your while state doesn't compare to Detroit Chicago Houston LosAngeles Philadelphia Baltimore Cleveland new Orleans Kansas city.

@Tejas I never said it did,but simply enforcing laws that have been on the books for decades is hardly "not-gun-friendly".....

@AnneWimsey state laws not federal laws, so some states have more gun friendly laws. Hints less gun friendly

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 19

Photos 507 More

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #world #children #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #atheism #conservative #sex #parents #Christian #agnostic #earth #community #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife #murder ...

Members 918Top