Agnostic.com
2 3

LINK 14 people shot, including 3 children, in East Garfield Park. ‘It’s over by three seconds.’ - Chicago Sun-Times

Three seconds. 😔 Unlike MSM, the Chicago Sun Times doesn't mince words. Officials don't play into the usual "journalists" nonsense.

Rather than speculation, innuendo, rhetoric and talking points, officials shut that down, demanding focus be on seeking offenders, not gossip. (Given MOST shootings in Chicago are captured on police surveillance cameras, it's quite telling that only 27% of alleged suspected are ever caught, charged, and/or convicted.) 🙄

This is the worst mass shooting in Chicago in about 2 years.

And, for those who still think/believe that urban areas are the hotbed of gun violence, that answer is NO! Chicago still has not reached the top 20 cities for gun violence in 2022. It's been a decade since Republican lead states took over the per-capita gun violence lead in America.

Gun Violence by State 2019
Based on the number of gun deaths per capita in 2019 alone, states with the most gun violence are:

Alaska - 24.4
Mississippi - 24.2
Wyoming - 22.3
New Mexico 22.3
Alabama - 22.2
Louisiana - 22.1
Missouri - 20.6
South Carolina - 19.9
Arkansas - 19.3
Montana - 19.3
These states tends to have high gun ownership rates. Montana has the highest with 66.3%, followed by Wyoming with 66.2%, and Alaska with 64.5%.

Here are the 10 states with the highest rates of violence (including but not limited to gun violence.)

Alaska - 24.5
Alabama - 22.9
Montana - 22.5
Louisiana - 21.7
Mississippi - 21.5
Missouri - 21.5
Arkansas - 20.3
Wyoming - 18.8
West Virginia - 18.6
New Mexico - 18.5

SeaGreenEyez 9 Nov 1
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wonder if the long hours of darkness in Alaska is a part of the problem. It was once said Stockholm had one of Europe's highest suicide rate especially during the long, dark winter months.

@SeaGreenEyez Still, SAD is a real malady and a lot of people suffer from it. It may not be a direct cause of violence but could be just another ingredient.

@SeaGreenEyez I totally agree but it is not limited to N America (which includes Canada). It is a global issue. Of course in most 'civilized' countries mental health treatment is easier to get than here. Our sense of 'freedom' has become overblown and we are paying the price with not just our lives but those of our children.

Over my long history of relationships only one (my last, late one) was without childhood trauma (she later became traumatized by her 1st husband). The childhood base is critical and, unfortunately, when dating, I often ask about childhood memories. It's scary how many have been traumatized and they carry that with them (33% might be a low number). I think most of the ills, in the world, have started during childhood.

Growing up we had an ideal childhood in that there were no strict rules, our parents had no addictions nor were overbearing. We felt secure, cared for and free to do as we pleased (as long as we didn't get into serious trouble -which we didn't). I have low BP and previously was prone to going into shock. That often lead to panic attacks and the period of the pandemic was especially hard. What can we do? For me it is simply realizing how well off I am compared to so many others. Diet, exercise and avoiding news during stressful times (like right now) can help a lot.

@SeaGreenEyez That is dangerously high. There should be rules on being a parent but, then again, freedom reigns. If ever there were any rules limiting a family people would scream bloody murder. My late partner said, at one time in Iran, one got a tax deduction on the first child, none on the second and had to pay for a third. The rates went up the more kids were born.

So, it seems, pandemics are not the only major illness we have to deal with and child abuse, from people in authority and/or parents is another. My brother married a woman from Viet Nam. She had two young daughters at the time and never thought someone would want someone with children. Her father had abandoned the family when she was young. Then the mother disappeared and she was brought up by an older brother. The war came and she was in Saigon surrounded by violence. She managed to escape and later married another Vietnamese man living in Hawaii. Problems only got worse and they split. Then my brother came along and brought peace to the daughters but the mother never changed. She seem to delight in tormenting the girls. He once told me she loved to burn bridges and tries to do that with him but he won't let her. Unfortunately, he developed tongue cancer and eventually died. I'm sure the stress from living with her only made the cancer worse. This problem is universal and sooo sad.

My 1st wife was/is bi-polar and ended up having affairs. She divorced me, married one of her lovers (literally a drunken sailor - Lt. Commander) and moved to the US. Under false pretexts she took our daughter. The couple had another daughter so my daughter was low person on the totem pole. She was resilient from the day she was born but did have some real problems. She tells people she lived the Cinderella life and is still waiting for prince charming.

I guess I'm lucky in that I discovered the gym while in the military. I start with aerobics on the Nordic Trac and get my heart rate to 130. The trainer told me, if the heart is healthy this high rate will actually strengthen the muscle. I'm also lucky in having three committed relationships. Long story but the last one showed me what a real relationship should be like. I learned a lot and learned one can't appreciate what one has until they've lost it. My living situation is also lucky so can't really complain.
Thanks for sharing.

It wasn't that long ago that most high school had guns in their cars and no one was shot.

Oldman51 Level 7 Nov 1, 2022

Recent Visitors 15

Photos 507 More

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #world #children #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #atheism #conservative #sex #parents #Christian #agnostic #earth #community #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife #murder ...

Members 918Top