Agnostic.com
3 4

Why on earth, would ANYONE in law enforcement, not want an assault weapon ban?

There is only ONE reason: they want to kill people. And they claim, there's no "imminent threat" greater than guns on the streets.

This is sickening.

It was easy to blame the NRA. We need to take a very close look at who's really to blame.

We know, that police flood the streets with weapons. This is no secret. But to come out publicly, and claim they aren't on board for an assault weapons ban, tells the true story.

They LOVE gun culture and America's culture of gun violence.

This is sickening.

(And for the apologists: if this were about the police wanting to protect citizens' Constitutional rights, they'd not have lobbied to hit the 4th Amendment, they'd not assault and arrest peaceful protestors, they'd not need sheltered by Qualified Immunity. It's straight up bullshit this is about Constitutional rights.)

SeaGreenEyez 9 Jan 11
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You said "Why on earth, would ANYONE in law enforcement, not want an assault weapon ban?" Because the intelligent ones know full well that for one bans don't work and often times encourage new black markets, and two they have more important things to do than waste time and resources and taxpayer dollars on tracking every single private citizen who owns/wants to own larger capacity gun magazines. The mentally disturbed and violent-prone gangs are the bigger problem, and apparently those Sheriffs are concerned about the real criminals/criminal deeds. LEOs actually doing their jobs when given questionable orders, like they are sworn to do, that's a refreshing change. And the Governor throws a temper tantrum when the junk goon squad won't follow his orders, that poor baby.

You're partly right by the way on that not being about defending constitutional rights... an issue like that goes way beyond being one of just individual rights, it's about what I previously mentioned above. That said though, what specific proof do you have that those Sheriffs from the state of Illinois are indeed guilty of violating someone's Fourth Amendment rights and or violated in any way peaceful protesters? Think you meant to say there that some police officers across the country are guilty of that, not all of them, and there's no indicator the Sheriffs in question violated anyone's rights. Saying that would be accurate. Talking about police here, please note my restraint on talking about how many folks in the gun control movement are fully in favor of banning all privately owned firearms so that only those corrupt police officers would have the weapons, which if the statement about police being that corrupt is true such an idea would be way beyond absurd. That, and the big problem with police nowadays stems from the fact these police forces have become an unstoppable monster largely due in part to their unions, which is a direct product of... wait for it... progressive ideas, as the Republicans are generally not in favor of any sort of collective bargaining. Police are only as corrupt as the unions who represent them are.

You said above, "There is only ONE reason: they want to kill people. And they claim, there's no "imminent threat" greater than guns on the streets. This is sickening." That one you're not entirely wrong about, and that problem keeps getting worse... which is precisely why some of us will politely hang on to our "assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazines so long as crooked police officers possess militarized equipment. If by chance you don't share in that sentiment, more power to you I say, and good luck on that. Luck is what you'll need at that point if the sad day ever comes when the anti-abortion crowd totally gets their way and somehow manages to outlaw abortions and birth control, and they send the police knocking at your door because they've airtagged your exchanges at the local abortion clinic or tracked your birth control usage or even monitored your pro choice social media feeds, you'll be wishing you had the means to be able to defend yourself against such tyranny. Don't kid yourself on that either, we're dangerously close to reaching that point, all's it takes is for the Repubs to take control of all three and to install some more anti-abortion governors and we all have some serious problems.

As for placing blame... the NRA never has compelled someone to commit violent crimes using guns, as such has and always will be an individual choice. So you're right again, let's stop blaming the NRA there, as they aren't really that pro gun rights anyways knowing their history of supporting gun control measures in the past alongside their crooked buddy Ronald Reagan. You want someone to blame? You could start with some of your progressive Democrat buddies who are running things in some of the largest cities across the country. You talk about third world hellholes... progressive cities like Chicago, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Houston, Portland, and New York have sure morphed quickly into crime-ridden hellholes, and all of those cities have some mighty strict gun control laws in place. The state of California, which perhaps has the most gun control laws on the books than any other state, also holds the honor of witnessing the most mass shooting incidents. Isn't that a sad irony, eh? The toughest gun control laws, and yet that hasn't deterred mentally disturbed individuals or criminals from getting their hands on the banned goods. And I'm to believe, let alone take seriously, that a state-wide magazine ban in Illinois is going to somehow eradicate most random shootings and solve all the problems? Yeah right, I believe that as much as I believe in the mystical man who lives up in the sky. Being I know how fond you are of memes, I attached one below, and it raised a good point. If police are that crooked, why give them such an advantage, right?

You said, "We know, that police flood the streets with weapons. This is no secret. But to come out publicly, and claim they aren't on board for an assault weapons ban, tells the true story." Again, you're part right about that, some of those in LE do just that, and at other times they're unwilling accomplices. Some years back I worked with a guy who had contacts who worked on a local Guard base, and they helped him steal weapons from the base so he could sell them on the streets. Yet more evidence that gun control measures will fail miserably, and I can only help wonder all who else out there is doing the same thing? Don't expect your State Guard to give up their weapons anytime soon either, not gonna happen. That's another whole issue the gun control crowd can't address, not that they had thought about such scenarios though, rather doubt it.

Your last point was, "They LOVE gun culture and America's culture of gun violence. This is sickening." What exact proof do you have on that, aside from making assumptions that they crave violence? I'm no cop, but I did grow up around guns and had used them throughout my life, and I also grew up playing what would be considered violent video games, yet through all of that I didn't grow up to be violent or mentally disturbed. I'm living proof that growing up around firearms and or playing violent video games does not automatically mean that someone will grow up to become the next psychotic mass murderer. Gun culture and a love for violence are not mutually exclusive, and alot of us can still readily differentiate between fantasy (aka, video games etc) and reality. As for the sickening part goes, I could tell you something even more sickening than that. Like for example, these progressive DAs who have gone soft on violent offenders releasing them too quickly back into society, only for the violent offenders to turn around and commit more crimes (surprise surprise) and even murder people. The same DAs in all of those wonderful "paradises" like Chicago and Philadelphia who also have Democratic mayors, those "gun free zones" are nice safe havens for the criminally deranged, which is why they continue to have problems with violence. It's not just our culture that's to blame, but also our politics and social issues as well, alongside bad albeit failed policies like gun control legislation. That's sickening writ large...

SpikeTalon Level 9 Jan 13, 2023

Obviously these people cannot read. If they could they would know the true words of the 2nd amendment.

JackPedigo Level 9 Jan 12, 2023

You're 100% correct in my opinion.

Recent Visitors 10

Photos 507 More

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #world #children #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #atheism #conservative #sex #parents #Christian #agnostic #earth #community #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife #murder ...

Members 919Top