Agnostic.com
3 4

Discovering ancient cave art using 3D photogrammetry: pre-contact Native American mud glyphs from 19th Unnamed Cave, Alabama

Read article at this link:

[cambridge.org]

If the following video is not available here, there’s a link to it in the linked article above.

skado 9 May 4
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fascinating but no sound?

Possibly because the original artist have long dead and gone, LOL.
And instead, imo, we'd be hearing some modern jerk-off proclaiming that were made as religious symbols to honour ancient gods and deities, etc, etc.
Which the go to default of 90-99% of most Archaeologists and Anthropologists still these days most unfortunately

No sound. It's a computer-constructed visual made from multiple layered photographs
(if I understand correctly). The technology is explained better in the article.

Sorry meant to be reply to comment by @skado below just above/prior to the one posted by @bobwjr, my apologies for placing in wrong position.
@skado As far as I'm aware there was not much in the way agriculture amongst the majority of indigenous Northern American Indian Nations, a bit with, as far as I know, amongst the Cherokee and the others tribes that were once known as the 5 Civilized Tribes on the east coast but most inland they were still basically hunter-gatherers with a few minor exceptions.
btw, fyi, I am part Cherokee and part Navajo Indian.

@Triphid
Yeah, I don't know much about that particular piece of history/prehistory.
Just going by what the article said:
"All chronological data, therefore, point to human activity in the cave during the Woodland period, and specifically the Middle and Late Woodland periods. This was a time when food production and sedentary residential patterns, which had first developed independently in the region several centuries earlier, began to replace mobile foraging as the primary lifeway.'

@skado the article was great too, and I am glad to know i do not need to call The Geek Squad, thanks.

Very nice, what is the estimated age, etc, of the designs?
In Australia we have similar, both rock face etchings and paintings that are dated back some 20+ THOUSAND years and more.

Triphid Level 9 May 4, 2022

I think they said these were dated from one to three thousand years ago.

@skado Fairlyrecent then speaking in the terms of human settlement after the REAL exodus of early Home Sapiens from the African continent.

@Triphid

Yes. Already transitioning from hunting/gathering to early agriculture.

Awesome

bobwjr Level 10 May 4, 2022

Recent Visitors 15

Photos 292 More

Posted by JoeBKite-like structures in the western Sahara Desert.

Posted by TriphidAn Aussie Indigenous Message Stick.

Posted by TriphidIndigenous Australian Aboriginal Rock art dated somewhere between 20 and 30 thousand years old.

Posted by TriphidIndigenous Australian Aboriginal Rock art dated somewhere between 20 and 30 thousand years old.

Posted by JoeBDortoka vremiri: A new species of Dortokid Turtle from the Late Cretaceous of the Hațeg Basin, Romania.

Posted by JoeBThe Cabeço da Amoreira burial: An Early Modern Era West African buried in a Mesolithic shell midden in Portugal.

Posted by JoeBMusivavis amabilis: A new species of Enantiornithine Bird from the Early Cretaceous Jehol Biota of northeastern China.

Posted by JoeBTorosaurus in Canada.

Posted by JoeBStone tools from the Borselan Rock Shelter, in the Binalud Mountains of northeastern Iran.

Posted by JoeBDating the Lantian Biota.

Posted by JoeBBashanosaurus primitivus: A new species of Stegosaur from the Middle Jurassic of Chongqing Municipality, China.

Posted by JoeBDetermining the time of year when the Chicxulub Impactor fell.

Posted by JoeBSão Tomé and Príncipe: Possibly the last country on Earth never to have been visited by a working archaeologist.

Posted by JoeBMambawakale ruhuhu: A new species of Pseudosuchian Archosaur from the Middle Triassic Manda Beds of Tanzania.

• Top tags#ancient #species #evidence #dinosaurs #world #animals #evolution #China #video #Australia #discovery #humans #Present #ancestors #god #Europe #university #extinction #evolutionary #relationship #birds #hope #reason #DNA #climate #earth #religious #kids #museum #book #cultural #evolved #origins #USA #friends #fish #burial #death #Antarctica #laws #genetic #Organic #mother #community #religion #Atheist #dogs #novels #Christian #truth ...

Members 661Top