Agnostic.com
1 2

Interesting to see three out of the four BRIC countries, plus head-in-the-sand Australia, causing so much trouble. Anyway, a takeaway for me is also:

"...The stark difference between the climate plans of different G20 nations – who together are responsible for 85% of all global carbon emissions – was underlined last week in Naples, when a meeting of member states’ energy and environment ministers ended with the group failing to agree on a package of commitments to tackle climate change. “The G20 is failing to deliver,” said the online activist network Avaaz.

The Observer
Climate change
Plans of four G20 states are threat to global climate pledge, warn scientists
‘Disastrous’ energy policies of China, Russia, Brazil and Australia could stoke 5C rise in temperatures if adopted by the rest of the world
Robin McKie, Toby Helm & Fiona Harvey
Sun 25 Jul 2021 08.45 BST
[theguardian.com]

kmaz 7 July 25
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If people aren't going to believe in the pandemic being real when all around them people are dying, than climate change actions don't have a chance.

JackPedigo Level 9 July 25, 2021

I hear there are fires in Siberia, if this is true and the permafrost melts, we are done. Methane will kill us before we have the ability to contain it.

@dalefvictor Unfortunately, there are lots of thing that will kill us but too few seem to care. Just read scientists turned the doomsday clock ahead to 100 seconds before midnight. This is the closest it's been since it was created.

@JackPedigo I would think they would have set it to less than a second, it does not matter as too many do not care and the spreadsheets are doing too well.

@dalefvictor One would thing (although, obviously erroneously) that economist would be smarter than to continue to engage is very short term profit making.

Recent Visitors 9

Photos 49 More

Posted by kmazfrom a french artist, fabrien barrau

Posted by KilltheskyfairyPlease spend 3 minutes reading this note from William Shatner, the actor from Star Trek: “Last year, I had a life-changing experience at 90 years old.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyDon’t blame me! I voted for Gore! (and Kerry, and Clinton, etc.)

Posted by KilltheskyfairyDon’t blame me! I voted for Gore! (and Kerry, and Clinton, etc.)

Posted by AnonySchmooseAchieving Climate Change Mitigation in the Forest Sector | Frontiers Research Topic

Posted by AnonySchmooseVisualizing the Quantities of Climate Change – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

Posted by LetzGetReal In “Mermaid” BENJAMIN VON WONG created a scene using 10,000 donated USED plastic bottles then photographed it from overhead.

Posted by AnonySchmooseThe Search for Planet-Friendly Protein | Yes! Magazine

Posted by AnonySchmooseThe Search for Planet-Friendly Protein | Yes! Magazine

Posted by AnonySchmooseWill protecting 30 percent of Earth prevent the extinction crisis? | Science News

Posted by LetzGetRealHi ALL, Been away, lots to do in my real life community, plus family issues in the states were pressing.

Posted by Heidi68Truth from a boy and his tiger

Posted by Heidi68They knew at the beginning of the last century. Just think if we had listened & work toward change starting back then

Posted by JoeBUnexpectedly large herd of Elephants sighted in Borno State, .

Posted by MsAlIts been raining all winter here in Michigan and Im finding it hard to avoid politics by talking about the weather.

Posted by djs64Happy and sad.

• Top tags#climate #video #ClimateChange #environment #world #earth #hope #community #animals #government #society #solar #species #policy #technology #religion #scientific #justice #DonaldTrump #friends #book #death #GlobalWarming #vote #population #ecology #reason #limit #politicians #USA #religious #college #oil #humanity #survival #evidence #economic #Jesus #films #Atheist #Australia #god #military #humans #politics #children #republicans #activism #fear #truth ...

Members 138Top