Agnostic.com
2 1

[msn.com]

An interesting story. Keep an open mind. I googled Dr Sarah Jarvis and her photo was immediately recognisable. She is on BBC news almost every day spouting her words of wisdom. Doctor knows best ?. Apparently not.

Moravian 8 July 14
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In Australia, we didn't bother with the masks and my state hasn't has a new case in.....well..... dunno when but our death total was only 6. We adhered to the 1.5metre distancing and it was supposed by authorities that masks might make us complacent when it came to social distancing. Still, I realise it is far easier to keep distance from one another in Australia than London.

And Melbourne had to lock down again ?.

@Moravian yeah well anyone fool enough to live in Melbourne......etc
Stuffed it up for the rest of us

Lets be straight about this. At the beginning of the pandemic, the UK government discovered that it did not have enough PPE for all its hospital staff. So in order to stop the public panic buying PPE and making demands on the manufacturers, it put out the line that masks were of no use, even dangerous, because it did not trust the public, and therefore it chose to lie rather than tell the truth. (Funny how they work in hospitals but not in shops.)

And in order to justify that, they carefully cherry picked their pseudo-science, and willfully chose to ignore information coming out of responsible organizations like the W.H.O.. (They may have found a scientist who had spent the last six years in Antarctica studying penguins, and they asked him if he had found any evidence that face masks lessen the risk of viral transmission. To which he said. "No." ) Some GPs may have gone along with this or been taken in, or brow beaten into pulling the government line.

The government then, when the PPE crisis was over, then went into a face saving mode, by trying to downplay the value of them. Which act of petty ego, has no doubt cost lives and done huge economic damage by prolonging and deepening the problem , and is truly shameful.

You do not have to be super intelligent, (though for all I know Caprise may be highly intelligent,) to see that physical barriers are going to reduce the transmission of particles by air, that has nothing to do with medicine, it just basic Newtonian physics.

Fernapple Level 9 July 15, 2020

It would appear that the further to the right you are politically the more stupid you are. A tory MP sir something or other ranting in the house about how unfair it is and Tory party members tearing up their membership cards. Still if it means a few less Tory votes it can't be all bad.

@Moravian Yes I saw one, (I assume Tory.) who was about the only objector to masks, standing up in parliment this morning, saying how having to wear a mask would put him off going shopping and how awful it was wearing a mask. Stupid, the jerk was wearing a suit and tie. Dishonest, I bet he has never done serious shopping, looked like the sort who leaves that to the servants to me.

Recent Visitors 20

Photos 58 More

Posted by MoravianTory Corruption ?

Posted by MoravianA Tory Christmas carol

Posted by MoravianAny takers

Posted by MattHardyA Boris promise is just a lie that hasn't happened yet. Whatever Sue Grey says, no way is Boris going to admit he lied and resign.

Posted by MoravianJacob Rees Mogg is one of my least favourite people in the world.

Posted by MoravianBoris certainly has his finger on the pulse

Posted by webspider555No trump to take the spotlight off him now

Posted by MannanWhat do you think.....?hahaha

Posted by McflewsterEVERY BORIS SPEECH [agnostic.com]

Posted by MoravianPolitics in the UK

Posted by webspider555All set to go well with the vaccination roll out

Posted by webspider555Vaccine already in production

Posted by webspider555If Boris is mentioned then I cannot rule out it being true

Posted by HawkeyeNew to this group, thanks for having me :) Thought I would share something that has had my poor wee atheist brain turning for a few days (the article is a few days old).

Posted by McflewsterWhere Religion ,Monarchy and Private Education meet. Taken from the Book "BOY" by Roald Dahl "Tales of Childhood" [agnostic.com]

Posted by webspider555I’m beginning to wonder whether our government is just incompetent or are all these things happening just to get us in a rage arguing amongst ourselves.

• Top tags#video #world #hope #religious #government #god #religion #church #DonaldTrump #Atheist #BBC #vote #atheism #reason #friends #death #politics #money #children #laws #agnostic #fear #community #book #minister #Christian #media #belief #society #faith #rights #parents #dogs #cats #beliefs #hello #Jesus #politicians #truth #Australia #weather #movies #Christmas #wife #conservative #Wisdom #Song #kids #USA #Europe ...

Members 387Top