Agnostic.com
2 3

DIL DIYAN GALLAN - ATIF ASLAM . A very nice Punjabi ballad from Pakistani singer Atif Aslam, such a sweet song!

Merseyman1 9 July 4
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Which goes to prove that men the world over have to put up with similar crap from women in order to get a regular shag and their romantic needs met.

FrayedBear Level 9 July 5, 2020

What a sad jaundiced view of women you hold. Please don’t infect this group, which is an amicable one, with any personal animus you have towards women. You can do that in one of your own groups, but not in any of mine.

Being completely unable to understand Hindi I had no idea what this song was about. The Hindi words did not help at all. Do you actually have a translation of the song? It does not sound angry. Men all over the world are driven to use women for their satisfaction with little thoughts of the consequences since they do not carry nor initially feed the possible result. Women are forced to bear the consequences and so must take a far more cautious attitude. This gender imbalance mattered little in caveman societies where the children belonged to the group though if Gabaldon is correct the women were still subject to the men's forced desires. Shagging (I do not like the word but I'm not Australian) and romance to my mind are two very different things. A woman's resistance to a man's desires is fully understandable as so many men lose interest once they have got what they want and worse still can be quite violent and uncaring in achieving their release.

"MATTERS OF THE HEART"
With invisible threads
tide me up to yourself
There's no space
between strong feeling hearts.
Oh, your anger is not real
My beloved, listen to me
We will talk matters of the heart
sitting beside each other.
Staring into each other eyes.
Talks of the heart
We will do every day,
we will find true love.
Why did I not act?
What didn't I see?
Why was I told lies?
Oh, my heart has given all
I will always follow you.
My eyes will meet yours.

@Merseyman1 Methinks Mr Bear read a different translation.

@rogerbenham
• The words come up at the bottom of the frame as the video plays.
• Biologically the only reason for men & women to form relationships is in order to procreate and continue the species. Interestingly nature has created the situation that the procreative action creates sensations of pleasure that lead to the body releasing some "feel good" hormones. The activity is supposed to be mutually pleasurable though I read recently that the UK government has made it illegal for women expressing pleasure or emulating orgasm in video. Which probably means that wonderful scene in the "Killing of Sister George" where Beryl Reid & Coral Browne do not procreate with Susannah York to continue the species but do it for their pleasure will now be banned.

• Regarding "being uncaring" & "forced desires" I am frequently ignored or derided for my observation that in many places that allow the barbaric practice of circumcision on very young boys such violence is physically necessary because of the irreparable damage that has occurred to the man's sensitivity or it may even be subconscious or conscious revenge for the barbarity perpetrated on the child.

• shag (ʃæɡ)
vb, shags, shagging or shagged

1. to have sexual intercourse with (a person)
  2. (often foll by: out; usually passive) to exhaust; tire
    n
    an act of sexual intercourse
    [C20: of unknown origin]
    Usage: Though still likely to cause offence to many older or more conservative people, this word has lost a lot of its shock value of late. It seems to have a jocular, relaxed connotation, which most of the other words in this field do not. No doubt its acceptability has been accelerated by its use in the title of an Austin Powers film. Interestingly, though advertisements for the film caused a large number of complaints to the British Advertising Standards Authority, they were not upheld
    Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014

I learned the word whilst at school in the North of England many decages ago. I suggest that the hypocritical pruriency of that famous woman Queen Victoria explains the distate for the word and attitudes still held by many. Incidentally I do not use the word as a synonym for rape, violence or mysogeny.

• The singer of the song expresses a desire to
"talk matters of the heart
sitting beside each other.
Staring into each other eyes.
Talks of the heart
We will do every day,
we will find true love."
Furthermore he questions himself -
"Why did I not act?
What didn't I see?" And asks the frequently asked question -
"Why was I told lies?" Ending with his vain appeal -
"Oh, my heart has given all
I will always follow you.
My eyes will meet yours."

Seriously how do you fail to read that my initial reply to this song does not accurately identify the reality expressed in the song?

@Marionville You are already infected by hangover beliefs from Queen Victoria together with your indoctrination by the xtian godbotherers when a child.

Love it!

Recent Visitors 5

Photos 63 More

Posted by FrayedBearNow the sanctions against Israel spread to the Euroschism Song contest.

Posted by FrayedBearA recording of an interesting broadcast on the subject of coffee by relatively well known but nonetheless superb Australian folk singer Kavisha Mazella

Posted by kocasYou will face a hurdle in the daily weaving game that you must overcome.

Posted by Zoewees[shp.ee] SALDO SHOPEE GRATIS LANGSUNG CAIR 2022

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIcelandic Folk Music - Tyrkjaránid - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondOk...how about this hauntingly beautiful opera aria? [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondOkay, let's just say this is not like K-pop....and let it go at that. I stumbled on them about 3 years ago. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondAn Irish song in Gaelic with translation [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondThe song title translates to I Won't Give Up by Hungarian Alternative/Indie band Intim Torna Illegál (Intimate Gymnastics Is Illegal). [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondGet ready for some beautiful music. I have a couple albums by Heartstrings. Sometimes I play them in the office and it is quite popular. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondJapanglish Song - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondAVA Opera - The Doll's Song from "Tales of Hoffmann" - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondYoshida Brothers - Rising - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondHunnu Guren - Batzorig Vaanchig & Auli - YouTube

• Top tags#video #Song #world #musicians #Norway #traditional #god #sing #hope #friends #dance #hello #movies #religion #youtube #Europe #jazz #children #Australia #films #lyrics #religious #DonaldTrump #reason #death #wife #Atheist #church #earth #book #USA #parents #relationship #mother #Russian #hell #community #sex #money #soul #Christian #kids #culture #holiday #dream #atheism #plays #Jesus #beliefs #laws ...

Members 1,329Top