Agnostic.com
2 1

A famous tango.

"The cumparsita" If you knew, that even within my soul, I keep that affection that I had for you... Who knows if you knew that I have never forgotten you, going back to your past you will remember me... Friends don't come anymore not even to visit me, no one wants to comfort me in my affliction... From the day you left I feel anguish in my chest, I said, percanta, what have you done? of my poor heart? However I always remember you with holy affection that I had for you. And you are everywhere, piece of my life, and those eyes that were my joy I look for them everywhere and I can't find them. To the abandoned parrot not even the morning sun peeks out of the window as when you were, and that companion puppy, that by your absence he did not eat, seeing me alone the other day he also left me...

La cumparsita

Si supieras,
que aún dentro de mi alma,
conservo aquel cariño
que tuve para ti...
Quién sabe si supieras
que nunca te he olvidado,
volviendo a tu pasado
te acordarás de mí...

Los amigos ya no vienen
ni siquiera a visitarme,
nadie quiere consolarme
en mi aflicción...
Desde el día que te fuiste
siento angustias en mi pecho,
decí, percanta, ¿qué has hecho
de mi pobre corazón?

Sin embargo,
yo siempre te recuerdo
con el cariño santo
que tuve para ti.
Y estás en todas partes,
pedazo de mi vida,
y aquellos ojos que fueron mi alegría
los busco por todas partes
y no los puedo hallar.

Al cotorro abandonado
ya ni el sol de la mañana
asoma por la ventana
como cuando estabas vos,
y aquel perrito compañero,
que por tu ausencia no comía,
al verme solo el otro día
también me dejó...

FrayedBear 9 Sep 30
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One can see why the Tango was banned.

In the penultimate picture there is a woman on the right who is straight out of Renoir, or is it Gaugin?

Gaugin was fond of bright colours. I take it you refer to the woman with the red gloves on?

Beautiful!

Recent Visitors 7

Photos 63 More

Posted by FrayedBearNow the sanctions against Israel spread to the Euroschism Song contest.

Posted by FrayedBearA recording of an interesting broadcast on the subject of coffee by relatively well known but nonetheless superb Australian folk singer Kavisha Mazella

Posted by kocasYou will face a hurdle in the daily weaving game that you must overcome.

Posted by Zoewees[shp.ee] SALDO SHOPEE GRATIS LANGSUNG CAIR 2022

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIcelandic Folk Music - Tyrkjaránid - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondOk...how about this hauntingly beautiful opera aria? [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondOkay, let's just say this is not like K-pop....and let it go at that. I stumbled on them about 3 years ago. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondAn Irish song in Gaelic with translation [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondThe song title translates to I Won't Give Up by Hungarian Alternative/Indie band Intim Torna Illegál (Intimate Gymnastics Is Illegal). [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondGet ready for some beautiful music. I have a couple albums by Heartstrings. Sometimes I play them in the office and it is quite popular. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondJapanglish Song - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondAVA Opera - The Doll's Song from "Tales of Hoffmann" - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondYoshida Brothers - Rising - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondHunnu Guren - Batzorig Vaanchig & Auli - YouTube

• Top tags#video #Song #world #musicians #Norway #traditional #hope #god #sing #friends #dance #hello #movies #religion #youtube #Europe #jazz #children #Australia #films #lyrics #religious #DonaldTrump #reason #death #Atheist #church #wife #earth #book #USA #relationship #mother #Russian #parents #hell #sex #community #money #soul #Christian #kids #culture #holiday #atheism #plays #Jesus #beliefs #dream #poetry ...

Members 1,327Top