Agnostic.com
4 6

Just to prove that I’m not biased on everything Russian just because I’m anti Putin and his invasion of Ukraine…far from it when it comes to the music and artists of Russia and it’s vast hinterland peopled by many diverse ethnicities. Aida Garifullina is one of my favourite sopranos of recent years, she is of Tatar ethnicity and very beautiful with her high sculpted cheekbones, which I’m reliably informed, assist aerodynamically in breath control and note-holding power in a singer. Here she sings Ukrainian composer Igor Krutoy’s composition White Bird…

Marionville 10 Oct 5
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Putin never invaded. The Russian army undertook measure to prevent the death & maltreatment of fellow Russians living in Ukraine. That genocidal treatment was occurring though US instigation of the 2014 change of Ukrainian government . Then they started bleating about Russia meddling inthe US farce of the election that saw Trump elected.
What a laugh. Simply projecting US guilt.

Still as delusional as ever I see Richard!

@Marionville if you believe the crap propagated by the US & NATO governments you may as well believe in a God.

@FrayedBear No Richard I don’t believe everything, from either one side or the other, I try to make a balanced judgment after assessing information and views from a variety of sources. My own view is that truth lies somewhere in between the lines and we must use our own judgement and common sense to decide what it is. My judgement is that no matter what wrongs of the USA and other western powers may have been…and there are many…there is no justification for Putin to invade Ukraine on the pretext that he was going in merely to protect any Ukrainian citizens, either ethnic Russians or not. His incursion was unwanted and unwelcome by the vast majority of Ukrainians who are entitled to expect their neighbours to respect their national borders and sovereignty as an independent country. No amount of past wrongs by the USA in any part of the world can be used as an equivocation and reason for Russia’s actions. Ukraine has every right to have aspirations to look westwards and to wish to join EU and NATO as has any other sovereign European country, without interference from Russia or anyone else.

Exactly the same excuse Hitler gave for invading Poland and then other countries. Have you not heard the word 'Lebensraum'? (living space). Invading another country is not an excuse because of the 'supposed' maltreatment of your people's living there. Maybe Africa should invade the US because of the race issue, toward blacks in this country!?
Please stop with all the misguided conspiracy crap.

@Marionville Funny, this morning I read something from a periodical wanting me to subscribe.
"It took 400,000 skilled NASA employees and contractors to help Neil Armstrong take "one giant leap." But just a single man, Bill Kaysing, birthed the conspiracy of the moon landing hoax." This was before the internet.

@Marionville just like cuba & Venezuela have every right to invite Russian military & their weapons to visit whilst the businesses trade? That sort of freedom?

@Marionville, @jackjr I note that USA is currently squealing because 10's if not 100's of thousands of people are now invading, beg pardon, requesting asylum in USA. And of course USA really was happy that Cuba invited Russian militia in in the mid 60's.

Seriously where do you find your open minded even handed determinations? Probably 3-4 fifths of the world disagrees with the selfish piratical hegemony & colonialism that you strive for.

She's very good, & so is Igor. Igor came out of retirement to work with Dimash, & has composed a few pieces for Dimash, Aida, & Lara Fabian to perform together.

Igor looks like a proud papa, at the end of this.

That’ll be a good show!

@Marionville I added it, & there are others too.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Lovely…the skating too…

Very dramatic. Yes, indeed, very fine voice.

Fantastic singer. Like you, Marje, I still watch and enjoy Russian movies, and music. We can't judge all Russians by their leaders behavior any more than you could judge all Americans by Trump's actions.

Ray13 Level 8 Oct 5, 2023

Exactly so Ray…

Trump's behaviour compared to all US presidents since Woodrow Wilson, perhaps with the exemption of the peanut farmer, has been the least offensive & least damaging to humanity other than perhaps US citizens.

@FrayedBear I must say…reinstating your posts has really brightened up my day!

@Marionville you are lucky that I'm still alive and able to respond. Trying to see in thedark & walk to the bathroom in a strange house 2 days ago resulted in me flying through the air down 3 steps to head butt a concrete wall from which I ricocheted into the opposite wall to try and remould my shoulder socket and or collar bone over my proshetic humerus's ball like a sheet of pastry around a raw apple...

@FrayedBear You have my full sympathy Richard…and I trust you are continuing to recover from such a serious fall.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 10

Photos 63 More

Posted by FrayedBearNow the sanctions against Israel spread to the Euroschism Song contest.

Posted by FrayedBearA recording of an interesting broadcast on the subject of coffee by relatively well known but nonetheless superb Australian folk singer Kavisha Mazella

Posted by kocasYou will face a hurdle in the daily weaving game that you must overcome.

Posted by Zoewees[shp.ee] SALDO SHOPEE GRATIS LANGSUNG CAIR 2022

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIcelandic Folk Music - Tyrkjaránid - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondOk...how about this hauntingly beautiful opera aria? [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondOkay, let's just say this is not like K-pop....and let it go at that. I stumbled on them about 3 years ago. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondAn Irish song in Gaelic with translation [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondThe song title translates to I Won't Give Up by Hungarian Alternative/Indie band Intim Torna Illegál (Intimate Gymnastics Is Illegal). [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondGet ready for some beautiful music. I have a couple albums by Heartstrings. Sometimes I play them in the office and it is quite popular. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondJapanglish Song - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondAVA Opera - The Doll's Song from "Tales of Hoffmann" - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondYoshida Brothers - Rising - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondHunnu Guren - Batzorig Vaanchig & Auli - YouTube

• Top tags#video #Song #world #musicians #Norway #traditional #god #sing #hope #friends #dance #hello #movies #religion #youtube #Europe #jazz #children #Australia #films #lyrics #religious #DonaldTrump #death #reason #church #wife #Atheist #earth #book #USA #mother #parents #relationship #Russian #sex #hell #community #money #soul #Christian #kids #culture #holiday #dream #atheism #plays #Jesus #beliefs #laws ...

Members 1,330Top