Agnostic.com
5 6

LINK Did King David Rape Bathsheba?

Over the past several weeks, the Evangelical world has been afire over the claim that what David did was rape, not adultery. Some Evangelicals trotted out the tired argument that I heard countless times as a youth: that Bathsheba was to blame; that she was bathing in a place where she could be seen by David; and that David can’t be blamed for sexually desiring a beautiful naked woman. I can imagine Lori Alexander saying these very words. Regardless, wasn’t David’s behavior with Bathsheba adultery? Didn’t David arrange things in such a way that Bathsheba’s husband, Uriah, would be killed (murdered), and then didn’t he take Bathsheba to be his wife? How is it that David is exonerated of all these things? Does David’s stiff prick wipe out his culpability? Is the woman always to blame?

Like he says, the whole thing is “one fucked up story.”

altschmerz 9 Oct 17
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When there is a power differential such as this, it is either harassment or sexual assault, whatever you want to call it. Growing up in a strict, harsh, Christian environment, I got told that it was Bathsheba's fault for tempting David. I got LOTS of anti-woman stuff in that harsh religious environment.

SKH78 Level 8 Oct 17, 2019

Hmmm, sorry but who the fuck cares?

Mofo1953 Level 9 Oct 17, 2019

IDC

It's a very biased story. David seems to have been running a protection racket in the hills prior to becoming king (1 Samuel 25). He did commit adultery and also arranged to have the husband killed (2 Samuel 11: 3,4, 14,15). Then, when it came time to pay the price, David's son's life is taken to atone for what David had done (2 Samuel 12:13, 14). It is without a doubt 'one fucked up story' and I would really love to know how people reading it back when it was written down for the first time accepted David as a heroic character who was loved by God (1 Samuel 13:14).

brentan Level 8 Oct 17, 2019

Ahhh he did indeed rape her..but what do expect from a book that says genocide is all good as long as Sky Daddy says to do it.
And is it any surprise that they blame women? Hell they think it's ok if old men marry 15 year old girls is great! They disgusting humans.

Charlene Level 9 Oct 17, 2019
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 18

Photos 265 More

Posted by CliffordCook The Fascism of Faith Month in the US Congress U.

Posted by of-the-mountainReality!!!

Posted by CliffordCookChristian Nationalism isn't just something that's spreading in the United States.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyReligion is ridiculous!

Posted by CliffordCookChristians like to believe that their religion spread around the world by people voluntarily abandoning their own cultural traditions in favor of the obvious superiority of Christianity.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyIt’s all about keeping women in subjugation!

Posted by KynleiI saw a meme about Noah's Ark and it got me thinking about the supposed timeline of events.

Posted by KynleiI saw a meme about Noah's Ark and it got me thinking about the supposed timeline of events.

• Top tags#god #Christian #video #religion #religious #Bible #church #world #Christians #Jesus #christianity #Atheist #children #atheism #hope #hell #Catholic #DonaldTrump #death #government #kids #friends #book #mother #laws #beliefs #truth #earth #reason #wife #parents #prayer #sex #believer #faith #belief #evangelicals #money #guns #religions #sin #pastor #evil #fear #gay #WTF #abortion #media #movies #USA ...

Members 292Top

Moderators