Agnostic.com
4 4

I got into a political conversation with a Christian I know. We are very different politically. It mainly dealt with the role of government in society. At the end of the discussion, he said well according to my faith the country and the world are going to fall apart and Jesus is going to return. After staring at him bewildered for a moment. I said then what is the point of having a political discussion about society? After a blank look and some stammering, he said we must still act in the world. That sounded an awful lot like a smoke screen for acting towards creating a Christian dominated society.

randomskeptic14 4 May 22
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Can't cure stupid.

Mofo1953 Level 9 May 22, 2020

Ain't that the truth.

Jesus actually said he would be back within the life time the current generation, that was about 2000 years ago, you might have thought the xtians would have got the message by now, he had no fucking idea what he was talking about, and was a bit of a cuckoo

You would think so, but they don't seem to get it. Jesus was one of man bandits, prophets, and Messiahs kicking around in the first century. Probably was a little nuts. Cursing the fig tree?? Ya know?

That's what it is. Christ refused to take part in politics and instructed his disciples to busy themselves with spiritual matters. Any interest in theocracy flies in the face of a faith that should put its hope in the return of Christ to set up his kingdom.

brentan Level 8 May 22, 2020

If it is all predetermined, then what are we doing here?

glennlab Level 10 May 22, 2020

That was basically my position.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 19

Photos 266 More

Posted by CliffordCookI groaned when I saw this Christian Nationalist Christmas meme posted by one of Donald Trump's supporters in Iowa. Then, I smiled when I saw how many of his Facebook friends had reposted it.

Posted by CliffordCook The Fascism of Faith Month in the US Congress U.

Posted by of-the-mountainReality!!!

Posted by CliffordCookChristian Nationalism isn't just something that's spreading in the United States.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyReligion is ridiculous!

Posted by CliffordCookChristians like to believe that their religion spread around the world by people voluntarily abandoning their own cultural traditions in favor of the obvious superiority of Christianity.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyIt’s all about keeping women in subjugation!

Posted by KynleiI saw a meme about Noah's Ark and it got me thinking about the supposed timeline of events.

• Top tags#god #Christian #video #religion #religious #church #Bible #world #Christians #Atheist #Jesus #christianity #children #atheism #hope #hell #DonaldTrump #Catholic #friends #death #government #kids #book #mother #laws #beliefs #truth #earth #reason #wife #parents #prayer #sex #believer #faith #belief #evangelicals #money #guns #religions #sin #pastor #evil #fear #gay #WTF #abortion #media #movies #USA ...

Members 293Top

Moderators