Agnostic.com
3 1

83.50 years is life expectancy in Australia
The current life expectancy for Australia in 2020 is 83.50 years, a 0.18% increase from 2019. The life expectancy for Australia in 2019 was 83.35 years, a 0.18% increase from 2018." quote from this link [google.com]

And then this

"The median age of deaths is 83 years for Covid 19"
[health.gov.au]

Really need to start questioning severe lockdowns like Victoria, ban on international travel etc because the figures do not justify it. Lota social pain going on for what exactly?

powder 8 Aug 31
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The "Australian solution" is unreal. This country's democracy was already dysfunctional ... but with this idiotic approach to the "pandemic" it has totally evaporated.
I never thought that Aussies were so easily intimidated. We are just a bunch of sheep.
Just compare the number of Corona death to the number of road fatalities!

Well IF one compares the Australian 'solution' as it stands atm to what is happening elsewhere in the world, the U.S., Brazil, etc, etc, then our sad Death toll and the 'solution' is doing as best it can in a very bad situation.
Try to remember that the Plague killed nearly 1 third of the population of Europe when it struck, Poliomyelitis wrought absolute havoc when it struck and literally thousands of children either died or suffered from paralysis as a result.
So until we can fight viruses on their own terms and destroy them we must use whatever solutions we have at hand for now OR the only other 'solution' is go along on own merry little ways and watch as MASS burials are the new norm and I don't really think we in Australia want to see that happening now do we?

Lol. Hasn't lockdown resulted in a huge reduction of death & injury to road uses & pedestrians alike.
Motor & worker's compensation insurers must be making a fortune.

Sadly, at present ALL we have to battle Covid-19 is Lockdowns, Isolation, etc, etc, just we did hav back in the times of other Epidemics like Measles out-breaks, the Spanish Flu, etc.
So, imo, rather than merely going about business as usual we have bear with things as they are UNTIL science, etc, comes up with a more permanent solution.
The best we can all do atm is to be patient, observe the rules and TRY to save as many lives as possible.

Triphid Level 9 Aug 31, 2020

@powder In cases like this pandemic the totals never seem to 'add up,' since it IS an on-going thing atm and will, mostly likely, stay that way for quite time as well.
But,I for one, DO, most definitely, NOT want to Australia traveling down the same road as America, Brazil, etc, etc, for example.
Hence I say, we should just be patient, be a whole lot less selfish and think of others rather than ourselves.

@powder no-one is asking to buy into a 'guilt trip' of any sort, shape or kind ALL the country is asking is to HELP stop Covid from spreading and decimating the population WHICH, btw, it can do quite easily as we have seen elsewhere in the world.
So, I ask you this very simply question.
What price of the lives of others do you place upon YOUR own personal liberties, desires, etc, etc?

@powder I would hazard to say that given some of the death tolls, the U.S. is being somewhat decimated as is Brazil (the Indigenous native peoples appear to copping it very badly in particular) and quite a few other countries also.
And yes, I know the word 'decimate/decimation' actually means to kill 1 person in every 10 as was an Ancient Roman Military Punishment btw.

Hmm, and what will the effects of lockdowns, c19 paranoia, lack of exercise, employment, suicide, homelessness, bankruptcy, have on figures in 2021?

FrayedBear Level 9 Aug 31, 2020

@powder Sadly and unfortunately suicides happen somewhere some time every single day this I know for a fact only too well since I've been working as a counselor in Child and Youth Crisis Counseling now since 1997.
Suicides will continue to occur, sadly, whether or not there are pandemics, etc, etc.

@powder aha, Triphid has commented. Is it worth reading?
As for the rabid budgie smuggler his argument only holds good if you accept the belief in a broken economic system getting you out of the pit built on greedy selfish uncooperative exploitive narcissist economic theory.

@powder his daughter's help?

Recent Visitors 7

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #religion #money #minister #federal #media #reason #DonaldTrump #children #liberal #politics #community #rights #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #corruption #parents #youtube #truth #vote #book #religions #kids #dogs #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 429Top