Agnostic.com
3 0

Now we count deaths when not an active case
[abc.net.au]

powder 8 Nov 29
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Given perfectly healthy active 20 to 50 year olds with no previous medical conditions are being brought into hospitals after having strokes and the only link they have found so far is that all of them had or were recovering from Covid 19 then their deaths are the result of Covid 19. Given children are developing a disease similar to Kawasaki's syndrome and dying and the only connection is that they all had Covid 19 then they also died from the condition. If these people never had Covid 19 they would not have suffered the secondary condition therefore Covid 19 caused their deaths.

You are determined to find any reason to rail against the powers that be over this disease and their handling of it because you disagree with them but you have yet to give up a better way to deal with it. I believe that the state governments have done a fair to brilliant job, handled fast balls that they had no way to predict with professionalism and determination. The major mess ups came from the federal government who like the US don't care about people just their own profits. I am thankful that the vast majority of state leaders took a hard line, made unpopular decisions and are now out there finding ways to get the economy kick started again.

Here in the Territory we are suffering a budget disaster, jobs have gone our EBA is being renegotiated and all we are getting in terms of pay is a $1000 bonus at the end of each year for the next three years. It is going to be tough but we will find a way. My pay will not rise with inflation, and CPI for the next three years, at the end of it I am going to be financially worse off then I currently am. I will take this on the chin in the hopes that the stimulus packages coming out will help the smaller industries to get back on their feet. That the economy will start to improve. There is a plan for a building stimulus package that I hope to get that will allow me to upgrade my kitchen (I have been saving for 5 years so have most of the money) This is how our government is helping us now but there is a cost that I am going to wear being no pay increase for three years.

Budgie Level 8 Nov 30, 2020

"Public service employees will continue to work from home." - more excuse for them not to do their jobs efficiently?

I'm curious, Medicare & Centrelink offices in Victoria are still manned & open.

FrayedBear Level 9 Nov 29, 2020

Oh no, more of your ravings, imo, I see.

Well, speaking from a Medical Stand point here, any DEATH resulting from a post-infection stand point should be counted, once confirmed by means of a Postmortem examination, as is legally required by Law when an unexpected death occurs OUTSIDE of a hospital, as a death resultant from a C-19 infection.
There are numerous known Post C-19 complications that can occur and, probably even more we have NOT as yet discovered as well.
Imo, this is DEFINITELY NOT yet another Government Scare Tactic or whatever the unenlightened may choose to think since Death Certificates MUST, by Law, state CLEARLY and Precisely both the Cause of Death including anything that may have contributed to that Death.

Triphid Level 9 Nov 29, 2020

@powder Okay, let's consider here a 100% factual case,
November, 1988, my Father-in-law had a By-pass operation because of a blockage in the Coronary Arteries around his heart.
He was told to exercise regularly, something he would NOT do anyway no matter what the circumstances, this resulted in the circulation to his lower right leg become less and less over 2-3 weeks, which then lead to tissue necrosis and then to infections and finally Gangrene setting in all this whilst he remained adamant that he both refused to exercise and that he only had a cold.
December the 2nd, same year he is flown to Adelaide, his right leg amputated above the knee to try and stop the gangrene from spreading to the rest of his body.
He returns home on January 28th 1989, the amputation is successful, is on both anti-biotics and medications for his heart, has crutches until his prosthetic limb is made and fitted BUT told to exercise as much as possible, he still refuses both to exercise AND take his medications.
February, same year, he first suffers a fully preventable heart attack, is admitted to hospital where it's discovered that by NOT taking his medications the gangrene has returned and has spread to his lungs and most of his body, he dies 5 days later.
So, as you can see, I hope, deaths are often resultant from previous conditions as well other causes, hence they are included, as is this case in question, in the Toll caused by C-19.

@powder Yes, Age, status of Health, predispositions to Illnesses and the like all are taken into account as well.
But, let loose something as virulent as C-19 and ALL HELL does break loose.

@powder Well, I did not have T.B. as a child/infant.
Actually I had bouts of Lobal Pneumonia from the age of 7 months right through until I was about 10-11 years old which, btw, are already well recorded in my Medical notes and history.
These caused scarring to my lungs, then in the 80's both a work-mate and were swamped by leaking Anhydrous Ammonia from a Railway tanker on a train we examining and doing running repairs to.
Yes, I have some slight breathing troubles from time to time, more than likely, from both, however IF I were to become infected with C-19, survive and later die as a resultant caused by/from the C-19 directly then it would be recorded as being resultant from the initial C-19 infection and not as a result of any underlying previous cause.

Recent Visitors 10

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #religion #minister #federal #money #media #reason #DonaldTrump #children #liberal #politics #rights #community #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #parents #corruption #youtube #vote #book #religions #truth #dogs #kids #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 428Top