Agnostic.com
2 2

Just had a very sobering talk with my mother. She had her 2nd AZ jab yesterday, which I encouraged her to do (79 and raving diabetic last 30 years). She felt unwell for a few hours but is fine now. I know I am fairly vocal here but don't really talk to mum at all about it my views. We talk about dad in the dementia ward usually.
Anyways, she was watching the news about vaccine passports being needed to travel interstate. She is a war child who grew up in post war Holland and was quite shocked this looks like becoming a thing. She has experienced authoritarian rule before. She indicated she won't be willing to get booster shots every 6 months so said she would like to visit friends in Adelaide one last time. So basically, state border closures allowing, we are now planning a trip to Adelaide within the next 6 months whilst her vaccination is valid. She will be treating this trip as her last.
I found the conversation incredibly sad that she is thinking and planning that way.

powder 8 Aug 31
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your mother I would think would have little memory of Nazi atrocity in Holland unless you are out by a decade with her age. A 96 yo Dutch mate is currently in hospital having spent the last month there after having been found by his cleaner. IMO the abuse that he has had from doctors, nurses & his children is criminal.
Here is an exercise for you to attempt - imagine that your mum or dad are in hospital during a lockdown & all their friends & relatives are more than 1000klms away. They have been literally picked up off the floor at home & hospitalised wearing the befouled clothing worn whilst waiting days on the floor for rescue. No additional clothing, hearing aids, reading spectacles, wallet, toiletry equipment, slippers, pyjamas, dressing gown, mobile phone & charger were taken.

They tell you that they have been tied down in bed by the legs, injected with morphine to shut them up, their 6'3" body has been put in a 5' long bed, their muscles have been allowed to atrophy to the extent that they can no longer walk or sit in a chair unaided, a stomach hernia that they have had for 30 years & has not repaired even after two attempts under the knife has been called a "tumour" by medical staff, there is no means for emails to be printed out in large letters for them to be communicated with & certainly no system to allow them to message out.
The local & national media are not interested in taking the matter up.
The question is "What are you going to do to help your mum or dad?"

@powder Ha, you do not understand your still hooked on covid. I'm talking abouelder & madical abuse. tGetting anyone to do anything is an impossibility. No one wants to know No one cares - I think they just about think that people that old have no right to live any longer. Particularly if their own children do nothing.

It's really not that big of a deal. Here you can't even go to school without a ton of shots. You can't travel abroad without a bunch of shots. You can't be a healthcare professional without a bunch of shots. This is nothing new and everyone is losing their minds over it.

Recent Visitors 13

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #religion #money #minister #federal #media #reason #DonaldTrump #children #liberal #politics #community #rights #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #corruption #parents #youtube #truth #vote #book #religions #kids #dogs #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 429Top