Agnostic.com
5 1

For the record, I voted No.

I guess I'm old school Left; substantial change Left, not wokey virtue signalled Left, and the way I see it now, voting in the next election is going to be a chore. Politically disenfranchised I believe it's called in political science, my old field.

David1955 8 Oct 14
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This article captures the essential issues.

"Voice referendum results point to shifting faultlines in Australian politics"

[theconversation.com]

The fracturing of the progressive vote is right. I'm part of it.

David1955 Level 8 Oct 15, 2023

So you are happy for corruption such as this to continue to be hidden & ignored?

Scott Morrison’s Hillsong mates ripped off $millions in Aboriginal grants and tenders. Why is no one talking about that?
BY SHANE DOWLING ON OCTOBER 15, 2023
[kangaroocourtofaustralia.com]

FrayedBear Level 9 Oct 14, 2023

Deal with the corruption in Aboriginal affairs administration, certainly. But not this way.

@David1955 you refer to a token referendum or my post to be declared prohibited democratic process?

@David1955, @FrayedBear
My knowledge of what goes on in your country is limited, but regardless of which country, I can't see how it is just that the ethnic minority is given more political power than the rest of the nation. Wouldn't that be a violation of the equal franchise law?

@Ryo1 Some have said things like that, but I think the real problem is that while the great majority of Australians support action to deal with Aboriginal disadvantage, this proposal was not specific or detailed enough for people to support it, including me. Australians do not have a history of supporting referenda unless what is proposed is absolutely clear. This wasn't.

On a personal note, I am personally tired of voting for so- called Labor governments who care only for big business, big unions, big media, and the noisiest interest groups. Never mind about most of us.

Stick to your guns.

Ryo1 Level 8 Oct 14, 2023

Scott Morrison’s Hillsong mates ripped off $millions in Aboriginal grants and tenders. Why is no one talking about that?

Maybe if you took a moment to understand that "woke" means you have empathy for others and Nothing else (unless being used as a weapon by right-wingers with nasty agendas) you would feel better........

AnneWimsey Level 9 Oct 14, 2023

Society would be far better off if people took care of and cared more about themselves than everyone else. The woke have turned “Empathy for others” into “Do what I say is best because it’s better for everyone else” because they are too weak to accomplish personal success on their own and expect society to shoulder their responsibilities for them.
It’s called entitlement. You can mask it with the word woke if you want though.

@Esprit_de_Corp
>>>“Empathy for others” into “Do what I say is best because it’s better for everyone else” because they are too weak to accomplish personal success on their own and expect society to shoulder their responsibilities for them. It’s called entitlement.

There is some truth in that. It's also called nanny state. When the goverment becomes overprotective, people stop taking responsibilities for their own actions, become too lazy to look after themselves, and expect to get 'free stuff', saying that they are 'entitled' to it. Maintaining balance is difficult.

Voted no on what?

The equivalent of voting that only the select few be heard by the Australian Parliament.
As in this case
[kangaroocourtofaustralia.com]

The referendum here. I assume members in this group are aware of events in Australia.

@David1955 As always David "to assume is to put an ass before U and I". I'm still waiting to be summoned to the Royal Commission into Disabled Discrimination. As one of the few people to have proven that Australia has contravened international human rights covenants that it has agreed to one would reasonably assume that intelligent commissioners would want elucidation & further information but no. The report is now published & nowhere do I find reference to any points raised in my submission. Do you really think that FNP have their voices heard?

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 13

Photos 150 More

Posted by 1patriotthey are creating a 15 Cities all along this coast in Australia

Posted by 1patriotthunder writes: I remember early in the pandemic when there was a protest outside the hospital (Toronto Canada).

Posted by vocaloldfart Is this the way of the future?

Posted by vocaloldfartIf you think times were tough under the LNP Mafiosa in the previous years, Give Dutton the disastrous destroyer the vote in the next election, and look foreward to worse to come.

Posted by vocaloldfartMichael Pascoe: And the award for the worst Liberal leader goes to… ?

Posted by vocaloldfartDingoes elevated to 'almost-human' status in pre-colonial Australia .

Posted by vocaloldfartVanadium batteries’ sustainable energy hailed as key to solar revolution Vanadium could be the answer to using solar and wind round the clock, silencing critics who say they’re useless when the...

Posted by FrayedBearThis amused me. How about you? "Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia." Charles Shulz

Posted by FrayedBearNine chairman, and former Australian Treasurer, Peter Costello is now promoting war with China after making $millions lobbying for defence companies BY SHANE DOWLING ON MARCH 12, 2023

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearIt has taken since 1986 for the Australian Human Rights Commission to release papers & a suggested draft for incorporation into Australian law to protect all citizens.

Posted by FrayedBearWhat a con - mRNA vaccinations?

Posted by FrayedBearWhy is the Murdoch media not widely reporting this apparent scandal that should prevent the NSW Premier being re-elected for a further 4 years?

Posted by vocaloldfartsign of the times

• Top tags#Australia #government #video #world #god #religious #hope #friends #laws #politicians #money #minister #religion #federal #media #reason #children #DonaldTrump #liberal #politics #community #rights #Police #Atheist #military #evidence #death #Christian #Jesus #China #hell #church #atheism #policy #USA #corruption #parents #youtube #truth #vote #book #religions #kids #dogs #justice #faith #agnostic #trolls #movies #population ...

Members 431Top