Agnostic.com
4 4

I miss the guy who once couldn't bare the idea of being away from me for a day. Now he can't stand me. And I can't stand this. This is what religions do! They create a barrier between people. Being an atheist is difficult. Not seeing things as they are, hoping some kind of magic to take control, relying on some magical beings rather than yourself and the people around you- this is what religions do! But the blindsiding is one part. The real deal is the hate that occupies a religious extreamist's mind. The so called "values"that these religions spread. The amount of blind submission that is expected is awful. Why should I sit in a Puja? Why should I marry in a religious setting? That's not who I am. That's not what my values are. Due to differences in values, last year I broke up with my fiance. It was the toughest thing that I did or so I thought. The hardest part was talking to the families about it. I have been dealing with so much toxicity. My parents constantly nag me on how I ruin my own life by being different. A bisexual person, an atheist, a working and ambitious woman- that's super rare in my community. My parents have even remarked that they should have not provided me with an education and got me married off. I hate my father to the core for being the most toxic person I know. He does good things but says things that even cheap people won't. People in my community praise him and respect him. But they don't know the monster that he is. I sometimes wish that I could cut off all bonds with him. But I have not been able to. I am not in the the state of mind and have been dealing with depression and stress and advanced PTSD. Nobody knows whats happening to me in my family. Those who know don't have the empathy. I haven't bagged any real friends that I would feel safe with. Right now I am living alone with my dog in a far away city. Hoping all of this will be over. Here is the difficult part of being an atheist. You might end up alone and you have to be strong enough to be happy no matter what if that day comes. If you think you're not cut out to go through being an outcast- pretend. It sucks but it will be ok! Pretend to love that Puja! Pretend to enjoy your religious gatherings. Pretend to be happy in a religious household. Pretend that you are happy with a heterosexual person. And you will get through life okay. Being different takes guts and endurance. You Can't let these people break you. Not by religion, not by homophobia, not by being a modern day woman. These people aren't worth it. If You do come out just know that you'll be ok. It might take time. But you'll be ok.

6780TB 3 Aug 18
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Please learn to use paragraphs. This is unreadable to me...

You have strength and you have courage. It may take time and sacrifices may need to be made, being true to yourself is the way to eventual happiness. You have much to be proud of and know that you will eventually find people that share your values. Hang in there. You are not alone. 🤗

Betty Level 8 Aug 19, 2022

If any mental defective or emotional defective tries to tell me what to think or what to do with my life they very soon get put firmly in their place. I will not compromise either my ability to think or my care for personal freedom for everybody for any such wretch.

anglophone Level 8 Aug 19, 2022

Hang in there, you are not alone.

phxbillcee Level 10 Aug 19, 2022
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 14

Photos 120 More

Posted by William_MaryIf You Wish Someone a Happy Memorial Day, You Fail to Understand Its True Meaning The mythology perpetuated at Memorial Day benefits no one save the militarists and war profiteers.

Posted by LufahyuMedia Sources; people from all walks and ideologies peruse a variety of source material available on the Internet, some more reliable than others.

Posted by joy2loveThe Neuroscience of Illusion - Scientific American

Posted by CherokeemanBlessings y'all.

Posted by Archeus_LoreA good meme for religious people to see . . . .

Posted by William_MaryIt has been questioned if Einstein actually made this statement.

Posted by William_Mary“The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.

Posted by William_MaryHowever we have an escape-------[wsws.org]

Posted by William_MaryKeep people from their history, and they are easily controlled.

Posted by William_MaryThis fairly explains our political woes within our citizenry when it comes to the voting process that's managed within only 2 parties with their perceptions managed by propaganda designed to support ...

Posted by William_MaryI can pretty much apply this thought to just about everyone who has attempted to challenge my agenda here in this group, and my comments on social media in regards to our political arena.

Posted by William_MaryBy Apr.

Posted by William_MaryThe working class holds the strength to change the world for a better society for everyone. We just need to refuse to remain indoctrinated into their manufactured delusional reality.

Posted by William_MaryWhen the state is controlled by corporations and the ruling class.

Posted by of-the-mountainHas sanity and respect for all female, male, and children’s healthcare been suspended by these obstructionists republican fascists with their overt agenda against the people of this country!!! Are ...

Posted by William_MaryWorld's Most Tyrannical Regime Can't Stop Babbling About "Human Rights" We saw the change in coverage because Washington and its imperial spinmeisters only care about human rights abuses insofar as...

• Top tags#DonaldTrump #world #government #media #video #society #money #republicans #democrats #truth #death #military #laws #USA #reason #democratic #god #policy #evidence #vote #politics #politicians #children #hope #hell #BernieSanders #rights #campaign #created #corporate #population #fear #religion #BarackObama #Police #book #community #TheTruth #friends #Russian #religious #relationship #China #economic #nation #capitalism #freedom #propaganda #kids #wars ...

Members 1,692Top