Agnostic.com

2 0

Good reads!!?

I’m about to finish a fantastic book! I’m looking for suggestions for a good epic fantasy, fantasy, sci-fi, or mystery. Those are my preferences at the moment which are subject to change so feel free to throw out any title regardless of genre. Thanks!

Jjslanka 2 June 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Small Gods by Terry Pratchett
Feet of Clay by Terry Pratchett
Just anything by Terry Pratchett
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

Seeing a trend? lol

The Mind in the Cave by David Lewis-Williams - not fantasy, but a really interesting look at the development of cave paintings and the emergence of consciousness

Goddess by Kelly Gardiner - biography of Julie d'Aubigny - a fascinating French opera singer, swordswoman, and iconoclast

My FAVE indie series is by first-time novelist Misha Burnett, the Catskinner series.

I read and reread the series, then begged Misha on Facebook to write the next novel in the series, since he left the story hanging after four books.

Premise: ordinary, skinny guy just wants a normal life, but his parents bound him to an alien energy (using a tattoo) when he was a baby..one that loves to kill.

He's worked out a compromise with "Catskinner," his alien energy rider; he won't kill himself if Catskinner will listen to him and only kill when he allows it.

He makes a lot of money as a hired killer, but gradually begins to realize that the people he works with, and many in his neighborhood also are "different" - having bargained with other alien entities in exchange for certain powers.

As he begins to realize the world is different than he thought..he finds that even the beautiful woman who he loves isn't as she seems..

[amazon.com]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:100122
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.