Agnostic.com

16 5

Did you here the Good News? We have proof of God!

This video is utter nonsense. The narrator describes some facts on astronomy and then insert Bible quotes and says that proves God.

paul1967 8 June 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Does this proof include audio/video of god? No? That doesn't even qualify as evidence.

They added the bible to this far fetched idea of science to make you believe it is true.

Yes, what those who take the bible allegorically do.

Argument: Blah blah blah, science, nature, look at all the stuff, it was god's doing because there's no stuff without god, the bible talks about stuff and also mentions god, there has to be a connection.

Rebuttal: Bullshit.

Counter argument: Yeah, but . . . Rebuttal: Nope.

Class dismissed. 😛

I don't have time for nonsense. Actually I do have time as I am retired & have nothing but time....but not for this nonsense. Nice picture tho.

I doubt this is crafted to convince skeptics, just to keep the pew-warmers asleep. Big, awesome, ancient and interesting -- therefore, god. Based on the notion that without god there would be no awesome bigness. So if something is awesome, big, and especially ancient ... god must exist.

Argument from incredulity, argument from need, argument from popularity, argument from emotion, pretty much all the logical fallacies at once. Look, I just made the hair stand up on the back of your neck ... therefore, god!

That's pretty damn accurate. I sometimes wonder if I was a Christian and you explained that to me would I agree? I honestly think I would and maybe that's the difference between people of reason and science and people of faith and irrationality.

@paul1967 As a former fundamentalist Christian I'm not proud to admit that I would not have agreed with you. At best, I'd say that I wouldn't formally make that argument in some kind of debate, but I still don't see how something as complex and vast as the universe doesn't have a creator as it seems self-evident. It was deeply ingrained in me, basically from the cradle (my extended family converted when I was a toddler).

My downfall was that I was too earnest, conscientious and devoted... I did everything right and still had shit outcomes and that clear conscience before my god was the beginning of the end of my creaky theodicy. Videos like this wouldn't have helped in my case; maybe videos about the Problem of Evil.

@mordant I'm just curious, did your conversion originally occur because you were mad at God? Or was it that you realized at some point that it was just crazy to believe in the Christian version of God? Or some other way?

@paul1967 I felt, at first, betrayed and confused, but mostly it was just the dawning realization that it was all bullshit. Once that thought was entertained even just a little, it was a tremendous relief because suddenly my life made relative sense again. Unbelief in the fundamentalist god concept was nearly instantaneous, and once that happens, there's no one to be mad AT.

Oh God... save me from your followers.

I'll give them a little credit for mentions and acknowledgment of the science behind what they say, but then the whole "because God!" explanation just kills it.

(Tinfoil hat talk) I Wonder what these people would say if we had an Ancient Aliens situation where we had life from another of these galaxies come and tell us we were just a "life experiment" and were created by said alien species... I laugh at the idea, then get horrified because I imagine the thousands of millions who would go crazy and homicidal/suicidal at the shattering of their beliefs... scary indeed.

I don't think their beliefs would be shattered. As they have done everytime science has made any new discoveries, they would simply adjust the wording and interpretations of the "scriptures". Something along the lines of, "God made the aliens to make us and its all part of his perfect plan". Growing up in a Christian home I saw this first hand, everytime I would question or bring up something that didn't make sense to me. The response was always "it's all part of gods plan".

@Mementomori9021 very good point. Reminds me of memes I've seen where if Jesus really DID come to life today, hed be accused of mental insanity and told how bad a person he is by Christian's for insulting their beliefs.

Lolololololololol..

LOL
Thanks. I needed that laugh!

Proof that God exists, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha........ ha ha ha haha. Ha.

Here...what ????

Nonsense.

Here...what ????

Here...what ????

Is amazing how many scientists ignore logic

gater Level 7 June 6, 2018

Honestly, these guys aren't scientist at least not in this video. I think they're religious followers that went to school to get credentials in order to offer more validation to their crazy beliefs. I know some actual scientist who contribute to science still believe in Yahweh but these guys aren't them.

This is sci fi just like the bible. In the latter we have people living 1000 years , making a boat to hold all animals insects and a few people from a rain storm, miracles, etc. No difference at all.

Bad comedy?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:100282
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.